Great Shopping Experiences

DW260

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby DW260 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 am

Big kudos to Cycle City, Fyshwick. Heaps of stores in Canberra but these guys gave the best service by far.

My riding buddy and I were both looking at new bikes and they happily swapped our pedals over to the bikes we were looking at, so off we went on a Look 566 and Look 586. Grant and Dave told us politely not to come back inside of 30 minutes. Mate and i were stunned by this as its not everyday you get to pedal 12 grands worth of bikes, so we asked asked again if they were sure. They said "Yep, because you can't get a feel for a bike by just pedaling on a trainer"... So off we went.

After a week or two of dithering about and reading reviews I bought a Merida 907e from them. They didn't have my size in stock anymore, but got one in overnight and fitted me up after closing hours the day it arrived so I could ride the next day.

Best service ever. Their after-sales support has been second to none too. They remember my name and happily swapped out the cluster for a 28 tooth jobby after a week of busting my nut on the standard taller gearing.

Love the bike, love the service.
Merida 907e Reacto. Fast and comfortable.
Giant XTC 2 29er
Malvern Star Oppy A4

mclala

Postby mclala » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 pm

Bought a bike from MC on Clarence Street in Sydney last week. Nothing but praise from me. I have spent a fair bit of time talking to a number of sales staff and they all patiently answered my no doubt inane questions. All were super enthusiastic about riding and their product.

Picked up the new bike last week and had a few small issues (creaks, bad shifting on a single cog) so took the bike in today and the workshop dropped what they were working on, stripped the rear wheel, seat fully adjusted the RD, FD. Spent a good 30 mins and the bike was literally better than brand new afterwards.

Awesome experience, I'd highly recommend them for people looking to buy Giant.
Giant Defy Composite 3

danny.nguyen

Postby danny.nguyen » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:00 pm

BikeForce is great when they offered me the price without wheelset that I wanted. It was Merida Scucturra 2013 road bike. Now I'm looking for a wheelset soon. The price was good to pass up including free delivery from melb to syd overnight! Wow that was fast.

Kermit TF

Postby Kermit TF » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:31 pm

[quote="DW260"]Big kudos to Cycle City, Fyshwick. Heaps of stores in Canberra but these guys gave the best service by

Agree...
Went shopping today for $2k roadie, and the service at cycle city was very good. Great newish premises. Also went to pushys just up the road, geez theyre getting big , great service also..
Bike shed in Phillp ..hmmmmm , maybe they just dont like me. TLC bikes, great guys just need more floor stock.
When in doubt......mumble.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:00 pm

And people wonder why we don't support local business..

Approx 3 weeks ago, I contacted BIKE MANUFACTURER who had located the bike I was after, in QLD.
I am in Perth, and as per BIKE MANUFACTURER's trade laws, the bike was to be delivered to my local bike store, and then on to me.
So in theory, it goes like this :

* I contact BIKE MANUFACTURER to see if they have this bike in their network.
* They locate one and then contact the name of my local / nominated BIKE MANUFACTURER store.
* I go in to my local store and pay the deposit.
* Bike arrives in store, and then I pick it up.

Now bare in mind this was 3 weeks ago.
Also bare in mind that retailers and the industry as a whole SUCKS in Australia, and their problems with going outta business etc are mostly of their own failures.

Now I have a race on Sunday, and was told 3 weeks ago I would have my bike.
Low and behold, after 2 weeks, I call my LBS, who still don't have it.
I contact BIKE MANUFACTURER today, and they tell me the following.

Bike is in Melbourne, probably will leave here en route to Perth next week.

Guaranteed if I'd bought the bike on line, it would be here already.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Bought my BMC RM01 from Bike Force Docklands. Fantastic service and the opportunity to test ride a range of bikes. Something that is sadly lacking here in Hobart (test rides not service).
Andy from BForce was fantastic. Could not be happier with the service. Bought the bike on Wenesday arvo in Melbourne and had it here in Hobart by Friday.

sylloxtric

Postby sylloxtric » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:23 pm

mclala wrote:Bought a bike from MC on Clarence Street in Sydney last week. Nothing but praise from me. I have spent a fair bit of time talking to a number of sales staff and they all patiently answered my no doubt inane questions. All were super enthusiastic about riding and their product.

Picked up the new bike last week and had a few small issues (creaks, bad shifting on a single cog) so took the bike in today and the workshop dropped what they were working on, stripped the rear wheel, seat fully adjusted the RD, FD. Spent a good 30 mins and the bike was literally better than brand new afterwards.

Awesome experience, I'd highly recommend them for people looking to buy Giant.
That's where I got my TCR as well an they've been really awesome from initial queries to bike fitting! Very knowledgeable and helpful.

dale79

Postby dale79 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:42 pm

I just purchased a new TCR advanced 0 from the guys at blackmans in Paramatta,

very very happy with the service Fabain and Graham gave me, not only did they beat the price of everyone else they had it all together and ready to pickup in a day with all the extras i wanted on it including the DI2 remote climb buttons, then up onto the setup jig and they adjusted everything including a stem change and seat adjustments etc.

on the first group ride with it another rider fell in front of me and i had to take avoiding action and another rider run up the back and bent the rear hanger and wheel, so a quick call to Fabian on monday morning was greated with a drop it straight down and we will fix it up, 2 hours later it had a new hanger fitted and the rear wheel straightend and at a great price!

i can not reccomend them enough and all my future purchases will be from Blackmans!

Dale

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Purchased from Avanti Plus Fitzroy last Thursday, arrived to me in Perth, via courier today (Wed).

Very good.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

MADCAP

Postby MADCAP » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Once again happy camper using http://www.monton.so - just arrived RadioShack Short Bib Kit - great quality slow 3 weeks shipping but for $55AUD landed no complaints

Hammo

Postby Hammo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 am

MADCAP wrote:Once again happy camper using http://www.monton.so - just arrived RadioShack Short Bib Kit - great quality slow 3 weeks shipping but for $55AUD landed no complaints
How is the sizing do you need to go up a size like most of the chinese kits?

maryusdemetry

Postby maryusdemetry » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:44 am

Ross wrote:I bought a light from eBay seller wheelies_uk (UK bike shop) and the mount broke the first time I put it on the bike. So I emailed them asking if I could send the old one back and exchange it for another and they said don't worry about returning old one they will send another to me free of charge! Fantastic customer service. :D
Good for you but I am extremely careful about what I buy and the ratings of the seller.

skcycle

Postby skcycle » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:23 pm

+1 for BikeBug.

Made an online purchase late last night. Delivery just arrived by courier at no extra cost. Unexpectedly also included a free pair of socks.

Great service, great range and very good prices (especially the stuff I bought on special)....
Look 795 Aerolight
Ridley Helium X
97 Bianchi Veloce
58 Legnano (in progress)

hosko

Postby hosko » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:43 pm

CellBikes gets a big wrap from me this week for their service last week.

Ordered new wheelset last week in the morning, spoke on chat and asked average time for shipping.. they placed them on top, shipped out that night and were at my office next morning.

Rode the GC100 on Sunday with them and posted 10 PBs on Strava!

Awesome service!
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 am

Hammo wrote:
MADCAP wrote:Once again happy camper using http://www.monton.so - just arrived RadioShack Short Bib Kit - great quality slow 3 weeks shipping but for $55AUD landed no complaints
How is the sizing do you need to go up a size like most of the chinese kits?
i own 5 short bib sets and 1 thermal bib set. i am very happy with all. Have just ordered another two short bib kits and a helmet(which i will swap the aus std sticker from my old helmet and put on new when arrives) oh, i have also received the oakley radars with 5 different lens and am very happy with them.for sizing, i stronly recomend going off there sizing guide,but have found them to be one size bigger. its surely the best pricing i have seen anywhere for cycling clothing, but i dont know and dont really care how they get away with selling replicas?? :P

adrian_d

Postby adrian_d » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:45 pm

I've had some awesome success dealing with dean at http://www.pro-liteoz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bought a Pro-Lite Lodi seat, Carbon Seat Post, PRO-LITE "Chivetta" handle bars, Pro-Lite Como Clincher set and some Vittoria Zaffiro Tyres and was very impressed with the service. Not only professional but very friendly and willing to help.

I've got a few other bits in the near future that I will be sure to buy from there.
REVISED GOALS FOR THIS/NEXT YEAR
2. Attend 250km Bupa 2014

My Cycling Journey Blog (Needs Updating)

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Ordered a small item from Cell Bikes on Monday, cheaper price than OS which was a bonus. Standard shipping and it arrived on Wednesday.

They are local (also in Sydney) so it is good turn around.
Cycling is in my BNA

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:19 am

I just bought my first set of carbon clinchers from CoreCarbon (Melbourne) and I can highly recommend them. The pre and post sales service has been fantastic. I requested that the wheels be delivered early which they were happy to accommodate (except that the Courier had a problem with following instructions!).

When the wheels finally arrived (courier again) they were well packaged and all the accessories (Ti skewers, a set of pads and a pair of valve) were packaged separately. No out of true

The quality of the wheels is excellent and the ride is unbelievable. I have to say that I am upgrading from a fairly basic set of Al wheels so the difference is dramatic and I've not ridden on carbon wheels previously. That said my LBS mechanic (40 year veteran) was raving about the ride when I took the bike into to get the brakes sorted (my fault).

I can highly recommend CoreCarbon. Product is excellent as well!

TonyDragons1

Postby TonyDragons1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:16 pm

If you are in South East Queensland then do not go past MIKES BIKES at Miami on the Gold Coast. They are a GC institution and I have been getting bikes and bits off them for 20+ years - even when I was based overseas I would make a call and they would send me what I needed. Their in shop service is, and has always been excellent; and their mechanics are experienced and super helpful. A great bunch of friendly, enthusiastic bike people.

In Sydney you simply cannot go past the crew at Turramurra Cyclery - their slogan "the serious stuff" may be a little daunting to novices, but they are really very customer orientated. No question is too small and I have had them address a couple of mechanical requests on my bike (and I am bloody finicky) to which they happily assisted - one time not even charging me! Its so obvious that they care about their products and they are very knowledgable. Highly recommended.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:56 am

bardygrub wrote: and a helmet(which i will swap the aus std sticker from my old helmet and put on new when arrives)

keep in mind the AUS standards compliance details changed recently (mid last year IIRC, but dont hold me to it off the top of my head) - if your existing sticket pre-dates this change it will be easily identifiable as incorrect to anyone who knows the standard. Of course if you are just putting it on there so it has a sticker and will pass a cursory glance then you have no worries :)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

mike95

Postby mike95 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Placed an order with chain reaction on Friday 5th October.
Items arrived today Monday 8th October.
Very Happy with the fast delivery

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:24 pm

mike95 wrote:Placed an order with chain reaction on Friday 5th October.
Items arrived today Monday 8th October.
Very Happy with the fast delivery
that is nuts

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:10 pm

maryusdemetry wrote:
Ross wrote:I bought a light from eBay seller wheelies_uk (UK bike shop) and the mount broke the first time I put it on the bike. So I emailed them asking if I could send the old one back and exchange it for another and they said don't worry about returning old one they will send another to me free of charge! Fantastic customer service. :D
Good for you but I am extremely careful about what I buy and the ratings of the seller.
I couldn't find the product I wanted at any other supplier. They have feedback of 754 with 99.3% positive, they sell "brand name" parts and accessories including complete bikes and even have their phone number displayed prominently on their eBay listings, they seemed pretty low risk to me.

Missy8787

Postby Missy8787 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:07 pm

I am a big believer in great customer service.

In my search for a bike, l was confronted with a few different reactions. I won't name and shame as its against the rules, but my experiences were rather unpleasant at a few places. One store the lady didn't even try to sell me a bike, l don't know if it was just me, l was pretty interested but she really couldn't care less. I asked to take it for a bit of a spin around the shop or in the car park etc, it seemed too much of a hassle for her. Let's just say l won't be going there again.

I did however purchase my bike from Blackman Bicycles at Penrith. I had visited their other stores at Parramatta and Blacktown previously, but l live in Penrith and it would be a lot easier for the repayments for lay-by. Excellent customer service from all 3 stores. Outstanding in fact. Put me at ease and really helped me with my questions, even though l felt dumb asking them and was pretty nervous, l think they understood and realise that everyone starts somewhere. They didn't use big technical terms or mumbo-jumbo, but real basic terms so l could understand. I didn't feel like l was getting ripped off. It was a great feeling =) I haven't got my bike yet, l won't get it until probably December, but they did give me a call to let me know it had come in (it was on order) which l thought was really good of them.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:08 pm

A friend of mine had a Specialized S-Works Tarmac and he notiuced some cracks in the head tube, wasn't sure if it was the carbon or the paint. The bike being less than 12 months old should stillbe covered under warranty but the problem was he had purchased the frame from a shop in Victoria and he lives in ACT. Anyway he went into new Canberra LBS and Specialized dealer The Cyclery, and asked what the procedure was regarding warranty and bikes/frames purchased interstate and not from their store. No problem they said, any Specialized dealer can handle the problem and will liase with Specialized about the problem. So my friend took the frame in on Monday and walked out with a new frame on Thursday. Turns out it was actually only the paint that was cracked but Specialized had seen thishappen before amd decided not to muck around and just replace the frame. So great service from The Cyclery and Specialized.