Great Shopping Experiences

rifraf

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby rifraf » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:09 pm

superlite wrote:Blackman Bicycles, Parramatta.

Haven't bought a bike there but drop in for parts and tools regularly. Friendly, helpful staff who are allways willing to
check out the back and see what they can do.
Hey I was in there the other day and was blown away by the fantastic service of the staff.
I was talking to Fabian who I hope the rest of his team appreciate the repeat business this guy
must create on his own.
Outstanding customer service and showed a willingness to take the time to fully understand the
needs of the customer and get it right.
I'd have no hesitation in recommending to anyone to make this shop a stop off point when looking
for product and/or advice.
I really appreciated that when he wasnt sure on something technical he wanted to retouch base
to advise when he knew 100%.
I'll be going back there for sure!
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Ausmunin wrote:I had a good experience today at the Bike Shop of Castle Hill. I only went in to buy some winter riding gloves but they were more than happy to talk and give advice on everything from computers to kids trailers.

I know it is in their best interests to do so but it was a nice experience and I did not feel pressured at all. Hence my post here.
Is this the one on Victoria Avenue?

Alas, they totally ignored me when I visited them. Nice range of Giant and they had a pretty cool e-bike near the front entrance but customer service was non-existent when I visited.

@rifraf Did you go upstairs to see their roadies?
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:40 pm

CommuRider wrote: @rifraf Did you go upstairs to see their roadies?
Hi CommuRider,
I used up so much of Fabians time looking at pumps, getting advice on rims, tubes, presta rim adaptors,
first look at a garmin in the flesh etc that I would have felt even guiltier hanging around for a second later.
Time just flew in that place.
They had a pump I'm serious about but I hadnt measured my frame up so I need to go back to buy it to
repay some of his hard work and help.
Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:49 pm

@rifraf Yeah the boys there can be rather cool, service for me has been half-half but you know it's a shop that possibly has EVERYTHING. Good phone/email service too. I do wonder why they never expanded their online store because they can give Cell a run for their money.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:28 pm

CommuRider wrote:@rifraf Yeah the boys there can be rather cool, service for me has been half-half but you know it's a shop that possibly has EVERYTHING. Good phone/email service too. I do wonder why they never expanded their online store because they can give Cell a run for their money.
Well I left Cell happy I had my money in "My" pocket and I left Blackman Bicycles unhappy I couldnt "Yet" put some
of my money into their pocket. I'm tight by nature and that doesnt happen very often!

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:31 am

Ordered a demo fork from Wiggle 29 June, landed on my desk 4 July. :D

Jim

CyclistInOz

Postby CyclistInOz » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:17 pm

I always have a great experience with TBSM (The Bike shed Mortdale)

Never high pressured sales tactics. Reasonable range. Helpful friendly staff. Good servicing department and don't charge the earth either. Thanks Mark, Fletch and co :D

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Big thanks to Bikenow in Melbourne.
Kim sent me a Specialized pack, consisting of a Spray jacket, merino wool sock, and BG Gloves!

Legendary - all free!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

Mainee

Postby Mainee » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Always felt Goldcross to be a bike supermarket and not a proper LBS.

But over the last 2 weeks dealing with Goldcross Moonee Ponds, I have been blown away by the knowledge, customer service and assistance offered whilst buying a new bike. Can't recommend Kristy and the team highly enough.

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Mainee wrote:Always felt Goldcross to be a bike supermarket and not a proper LBS.

But over the last 2 weeks dealing with Goldcross Moonee Ponds, I have been blown away by the knowledge, customer service and assistance offered whilst buying a new bike. Can't recommend Kristy and the team highly enough.
The same goes for Goldcorss Cranbourne. Great team.

Jon

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Do you guys know how long it takes to "process" and order from PBK?

Mainee

Postby Mainee » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:48 pm

MarkG wrote:Do you guys know how long it takes to "process" and order from PBK?
I've ordered a few things from there and generally it's processed and arrives in oz within 10 working days. I would happily recommend them.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:10 am

Cheers mate.

I ordered Sunday, they were dispatched yesterday afternoon, so it's in the hands of Loser Post now!

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Just bought a Garmin Edge 800 from Rob at
http://www.highlytunedathletes.com.au/
Felt well informed and looked after through out the whole process.
Item was very well packaged and very promptly dispatched and followed with
great communication throughout the whole process.
A big thumbs up for Rob whose a credit to the business and whom I'll look forward to
future trading opportunities with.
Highly Recommended!

jheeno

Postby jheeno » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:20 pm

http://www.jensonusa.com/

arrived within 4 business days
excellent !

toholio

Postby toholio » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:35 pm

My wife and I recently bought new duth-style bikes from http://www.papillionaire.com.au/

Great bunch of people. Very friendly and helpful. There was a small mixup with what we got and they were quick to fix it up.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:19 pm

After reading a thread in the Touring Australia on kickstands I decided that the Greenfield rear mounted kickstand was for me. :D
Il Padrone spotted that Montague Bicycles in Sydney sold them. 8)
http://www.montaguebikes.com.au/collect ... /kickstand
I rang to confirm stock and was able to pay via paypal on the Friday.
They arrived Monday (today) which I think is exceptionally good service.
The bloke to talk to is Alex.
Highly recommended :!:

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Bought a new eccentric BB from jensonUSA. Ordered last Friday (11pm), shipped within 3 hours, delivered here today. Four days total, from the USA, and I didn't even select their express shipping option :shock:

That is really stunning!
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

osrg

Postby osrg » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:55 pm

ohshift wrote:I third Rival Bikes. I recently spoke to them about getting a CAAD10 5. They had some trouble with Cannondale with ordering in the bike! They then recieved information that Cannondale would get me a CAAD10 4 for the same price due to the trouble caused. They were informative and apologetic during the whole process. I couldn't be happier with their service. When I picked the bike up (I forgot to bring my pedals and shoes) so they fitted me up to the best of their abilities. One of the guys working their even gave me some details to ride with them.

Great store, Great staff, Great service.
I will 4th Rival Bikes. I'm new to cycling and I pick up my Cannondale CAAD8 this friday after basically chewing John and Zac's ears for the last 4-6 weeks about all things cycling. The store prices are great for a retail outlet, they both have an abundance of patience, knowledge and good customer relations which i hope holds them in good stead in the future. ohshift it would have been Zac who offered the details on riding with them. Zac mentioned that he is trying to get a few different groups with differing experience levels to ride in groups once a month..... i for one hope that gets off the ground.

novice

Great Shopping Experiences

Postby novice » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:37 am

Ordered a Garmin heart rate strap & a Lezyne pump from Wiggle. Got an email notifying that pump was on back order but heart monitor had been sent. 3 weeks have passed & pump has just arrived, but still no heart monitor? Not good service in my book.
Excuses are like arseholes! Everybody has one and they all stink! - Lance Armstrong .

Scott CR1 Pro 2011
Avanti Scratch 2.0 29er set up for road use.

RyanEdwards

Postby RyanEdwards » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:07 pm

This might be something of interest...a place on Facebook where you can buy, sell and trade cycling gear without having to pay fees associated with sites like Ebay. I've listed a few things and have already sold a jersey and set of bottles. Would be great to get more members so we can buy, sell and trade with each other.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bikes ... 9295696818

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:22 pm

novice wrote:Ordered a Garmin heart rate strap & a Lezyne pump from Wiggle. Got an email notifying that pump was on back order but heart monitor had been sent. 3 weeks have passed & pump has just arrived, but still no heart monitor? Not good service in my book.
That is down to the postal service. Give it 20 business days and then complain to wiggle that it hasn't arrived. They will declare it lost and send you a replacement.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

ImaWestie

Postby ImaWestie » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:19 pm

RyanEdwards wrote:This might be something of interest...a place on Facebook where you can buy, sell and trade cycling gear without having to pay fees associated with sites like Ebay. I've listed a few things and have already sold a jersey and set of bottles. Would be great to get more members so we can buy, sell and trade with each other.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bikes ... 9295696818
"Liked" and posted. Probably should be a "group" not a "page" though?
Westie
ImaWestie on Wordpress
Westie, and proud to be!

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:48 pm

I was very impressed with the service today in two stores, Bicycle Riders at Morningside a Specialized store and Avantiplus Fortitude Valley. Both staff and/or owners took the time to explain everything to me both in technical jargon and then all again in the dumbed down version that I would understand. But Bicycle Riders wins purely for the very tall and good looking blonde fully kitted out in Specialized kit that stopped in to get a puncture repaired.

I won't name the other stores I visited, but they definately lacked in the sales department to varying degrees. If you want the sale, atleast put some effort in to it. One was another Specialized store even. I might not buy my bike there, but I could look to buy accessories there.

GraemeL

Postby GraemeL » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:41 am

Apologies for such a long post, but the service I received from this company deserves some explanation.

For anyone looking for a Bike Carrier, you can't go past iSi Advanced Bicycle Carrier Systems
http://www.isi-carriers.com/index.html

I have been looking for a bike rack that would carry four bikes, it had to allow the bikes to sit in wheel hoops and not hung from the top tube. I also wanted something that could be mounted onto the existing roof rails of my trailer, without the need to buy another rack.

While looking at the various types of carriers, I came across iSi. They had what I was looking for, iSi Town and Country Bicycle Carrier, but as a bonus, the rack could be turned into a two bike carrier quite easily and also had a feature that allows for the bike rick to be lowered to gain access to the rear of the car while the bikes are still on the rack.

This is the rack for two bikes...

And by purchasing this add-on it allows for four bikes...

Ideas started running through my head, trying to figure out how I could use this rack and mount it to the trailer. I emailed George explaining what I wanted and he said he could manufacture a module for me that would allow me to simply swap over the components of the rack from the car, to the module on the trailer. After a few emails back and forth, we arrived at a design.

This is the Module George manufactured for me...

But then George informed me that it may be about a month before I could get it, the factory was closed and they were in the middle of preparing to compete in the Simpson Desert Bicycle Challenge.
He asked if that would be a problem, I explained that I really did want the rack and module as we would be going camping in a couple of weeks.
I had already resigned myself to the fact that I would have to wait approx 4 weeks. I decided to buy it anyway and to my surprise George tells me he will do his best to have it done and sent before he left.

True to his word, I received the rack and module on the 20-9-2011. This thing is solid, there is nothing cheap about it. It is very well made and the powder coating is excellent. By the way, they also do a 4X4 model.

It's a shame there aren't more companies like this. I was absolutely amazed at the service. Even though George was gearing up and preparing for what I assume is a big event and the factory was closed, he still took the time to not only listen and respond to my requests, but also help with a design that would allow me to use the rack on my trailer.

Graeme
***Looking For Information About Bicycle Cameras ***

* Bicycle Camera FAQ's *** Mounting FAQ’s & DIY Mounts *