Great Shopping Experiences

bmk1068

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby bmk1068 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:55 pm

Evans Cycles, I have found them to be really professional and prompt. Plus they have different stock to Wiggle. They will also price match, which is always a bonus.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Went to local Specialized shop today trying to buy a pump bracket for a Lezyne MTB pump (not the standard Lezyne bracket, I wanted one with rubber strap like some Topeak ones and as it turned out some Specialized pumps). I found a complete Specialized brand pump and bracket combo on the shelf and asked the guy if he had just a bracket I could buy. He went out the back and had a look but couldn't find one. Then he looked up brackets in his catalogue and found out that they were available seperately, for the princely sum of $7! I asked him if he could please order one in for me and another guy (a manager?) said they would just sell me the one they had in stock in the pump combo and replace it when the new one comes in. Great service and great price.

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Two good ones this week.

Ordered wheels of Wiggle last Thursday with my LBS's consent (and some other stuff) and it arrived yesterday!!!!

Called my LBS (Cycle Zone Mooloolaba) this morning to see if I could bring down my bike immediately for a full service and new cassette fitting to new wheel and they said no worries and also will do a double check of my bike fit when I pick up tomorrow.

Awesome!

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:10 pm

I want to give kudos to http://euro-cycles.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

This lot are the distributors of Magura products here. I have had battles with an overseas online store to get a set of brakes, but this lot reacted really quickly to my request and it looks like I'll have a set tomorrow.

I was able to buy direct from them. Extremely satisfied - and the price was reasonable. :)

Dave-in-LK

Postby Dave-in-LK » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:37 pm

My local

Impulse cycles in Albany

First class ....they listen ...no !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!

Dave-in-LK

Postby Dave-in-LK » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:01 am

Dave-in-LK wrote:My local

Impulse cycles in Albany

First class ....they listen ...no !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!

I'm so impressed with our local shop

It's Xmas and they are under the pump and I had to get a tyre looked at today off another bike as it kept going flat slowly

I'm selling g the bike locally ....no problems.

No bull dust :mrgreen: ......

pcjones

Postby pcjones » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:13 am

Set about to make the trip to Greengrocer Cycles in Goulburn from Lane Cove on Sunday 14.12.14. Got away early leaving plenty of time to arrive at the opening of the bike store circa 9:00am. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at 8:30 and the place was already open. This gave me plenty of time to scope out the bikes. I have to say there is a terrific selection of frames and bikes especially top end stuff.

The mechanic was already working in the bike store. I have to say Chris the mechanic was one of the friendliest guys on board in any bike store. Chris kept my eldest and I entertained whilst we waited for the boss to rock up.

Con is the owner and turned up to the bike store between heading to and from Church. He discussed the bike options and saddled me up for a quick ride in the adjoining car park. I narrowed down to a couple of bike options and Con made it easy for me to make the final decision.

What can I say - great guys, expert advice and walked away 110% happy with the result. Would and will recommend to all my fellow Sydney cycling crowd. Get on your bike and head up to Goulburn! You will be pleased you made the trip.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:34 pm

I ordered a Castelli Gabba jacket (yes, I know it's summer! :o ) from Open Road Cycles (online through Bike Exchange) at around lunchtime on Thursday and then not long after had a doubt that I hadn't checked t osee if it was a men's or woman's. So I emailed them and within the hour I had a reply saying is was men's. Not long after I had another email saying it had been dispatched. Received it this morning at around 11am. Thumbs up to Open Road Cycles and Australia Post. :!:

hangfire

Postby hangfire » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:07 pm

i had a great experience today at ivanhoe megastore in heidelberg
bought 2 bikes and some accessories, the guy was not pushy at all, very knowledgeable and helpful especially in recommendations to assist with my wifes back injuries etc.
did me a good level of discount on the bikes and bits etc
then when we couldnt get the bike rack onto the tow bar (ford had overtightened the ball) their maintenance guys spent ages fixing it up with me, all while they were busy with the post christmas sales.

big thumbs up from me and the wife!
2015 Giant Cross City 0

Mrlinderman

Postby Mrlinderman » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:04 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I bought my first MTB in over 12 years from Rapido Cycles in Keilor, Melbourne and the experience was pain free, friendly and well mannered, the rep that I spoke with was Brendan and he was great to deal with, Understood what I wanted the bike for and steered me towards a bike that fitted my goals to a letter, great customer service from Rapido, they have a new customer for life now. :D
Ended up spending over my budget by $300 but I got allot more than I originally wanted in both bike quality and accessories to go with it so overall i'm a happy chap

Jack
"Hope is not a strategy"
Trek Superfly 21.5 2015 29er

Mrlinderman

Postby Mrlinderman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Just an update on my above post, I collected my bike on New Years eve and the manager of the store waited for me to arrive, setup the bike for me and even threw in a few bits for free, all after official closing hours, couldn't ask for more. really really happy
"Hope is not a strategy"

caneye

Postby caneye » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:41 am

Ross wrote:I ordered a Castelli Gabba jacket (yes, I know it's summer! :o ) from Open Road Cycles (online through Bike Exchange) at around lunchtime on Thursday and then not long after had a doubt that I hadn't checked t osee if it was a men's or woman's. So I emailed them and within the hour I had a reply saying is was men's. Not long after I had another email saying it had been dispatched. Received it this morning at around 11am. Thumbs up to Open Road Cycles and Australia Post. :!:
Had a similar experience buying the same product from the same shop. Fast shipping. No hassle. :D

tsunamisurfer

Postby tsunamisurfer » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:50 pm

I am so impressed with Wiggle's prices and their speed of shipping. Whether it be from the UK or Wiggle AU, it always gets to Perth within 7 days.

We bought something from Reid Cycles once.....it took 10 days to reach its destination.

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:50 pm

Bikebug. Bought some Fulcrum R5's about 6 months ago and only put them on yesterday. On the ride today, i noticed the front brake clicking. The weld on the rim was slight raised.

Phoned and was told to drop it off for a warranty return. No issues with that. They even asked if I had a spare front wheel as they could loan me one while I was waiting for the warranty return.

I took the wheel in, and the guys there agreed it was a warranty job. They even went further to swap my r5's for a new set they had in the shop to save me waiting for the warranty.

I was pretty happy with the, offering a loan wheel, but to swap it over there and then for a new set when I too, in in, blew me away.

duncan16v

Postby duncan16v » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:20 am

Chain Reaction have won my love and admiration for evahhhhhh. I ordered a couple of sets of Shimano SPD-SL pedals yesterday and had intended to order a pedal spanner at the same time but completely forgot. I got in touch via the website and asked f I could add one to the order. They said unfortunately, no, but here's a freebie ChainReactionCycles pedal spanner anyway.

Awesome! I've dropped a fair bit of cash with them over the last 12 months, but even so, awesome.

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:01 am

Wiggle on fire at the moment. They shipped my order via standard post free delivery on the 14/02 and it arrived today 18/02 :D :D :D
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...

Mrlinderman

Postby Mrlinderman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:31 am

Yep last order from Wiggle, Ordered Thursday Afternoon 12/2/2015, Confirmed packed that night (UK day time Thur)

Arrived Yesterday Tuesday 17/2/2015 at my address

Free shipping, sent via DHL 3 working day service for free

Love it.. wasn't a small box either (new bar and gels and some other bits)
"Hope is not a strategy"

Tour De Tas

Postby Tour De Tas » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Got a orica green edge cycling Jersey from Prendas Ciclismo for $39 aus inc postage they had 50% off sale. sweet full zip too.

Toback

Postby Toback » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:01 pm

A great big thankyou to Val at Commuter Cycles 14 Prentice st Brunswick Melbourne, for finding me a pair of " all most impossible to find forks " thankyou. :)

BiciBoy

Postby BiciBoy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Awesome customer service from Bike Bug..

Mid 2014 I purchased some Shimano R320 shoes from them, and Jan this year, I noticed the molded heel pads had sheared off both shoes.
I sent them an email, they got me to return the shoes, and then replaced them with some 2015 R321 shoes.

Awesome customer service, friendly prompt emails, and I for one will continue to use BB and recommend them to anyone who asks..

WhingingPom

Cycle House, Greensborough, VIC

Postby WhingingPom » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:57 pm

Went in to Cycle House in Greensborough today accompanied by my 3.75 year old shadow.

Not only did they help me choose the right child seat for said Threenager and let him sit in one to check fit and "approve it", but also put up with him ringing every single bell on every single bike in the shop. Twice. Then spent about 15 minutes running through bikes that would meet my wishlist of features for the next upgrade in the full knowledge that I won't be buying for at least a couple of months.

They're not my closest LBS, but have provided great service on the two occasions I've been in there despite me only spending $10 the first time round. I know where I'll be buying the next upgrade from!

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Thank you very much to Ryan from Samson Cycles in Brunswick.

Needed a new front tyre in a hurry this evening as my current one is about to expire thanks to some strategically placed glass shards on my way to work this morning. Ryan listened to what I wanted from a tyre, and gave (what I hope to be) something that met the mark and my budget.

Oh, and they're open until 8pm. Very handy for someone that doesn't want to miss a day commuting!

It's a shame that they're all the way down in Brunswick, as I can definitely see them being my LBS if I lived closer. Then again, with their opening hours, they may end up being my LBS!

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Warranty Issue on a pair of shoes that i bought from Evan Cycles.

24/3 Sent shoes back to Evans in the UK
30/3 confirmed delivered via Auspost tracking
1/4 Email from Evans confirming shoes have been inspected and indeed a warranty replacement
7/4 Replacement shoes arrived

Im pretty happy with that service being my first warranty issue with an over seas company.

Still sorting out refunding of postage because ive exchanged shoes that are technically more expensive and i had bought the shoes during a sale, but nothing im too concerned about.

Thumbs up for Evans

carcharias

Postby carcharias » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:13 pm

I have found http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to be excellent value for spare parts and other stuff. The staff are helpful and patient too.

Derailleur hangers for $7, often cost $30 elsewhere. Venzo brand stuff seems to be good. Venzo frame bags are well made and very cheap, their bike repair stands seem to be OK, I am saving my pennies for one. I bought a 1/4 drive Torque wrench for $70 (Bikehand brand) They sell a big range of "Bikehand" brand tools.They also sell Xeccon brand lights that seem to be a bargain ( Link,Link Duo and S-12 model)

Hasa brand bikes seem to be great value, it's a shame Hasa doesn't sell their SRAM APEX equiped road bikes in Australia!
Am looking forward to buying more from them soon. :P

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri May 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Cycle House, Greensborough.

Bought the new bike last week. Experience was enjoyable, fit was good, price was very good. The two fellas were run off their feet when I went in to pick it up, so they must be consistent!