Great Shopping Experiences

Hergest

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby Hergest » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:33 pm

I went into Blackmans in Parramatta today to see if they had a couple of tools and other things i was after. To my pleasant surprise they carried a great deal of stock of all kinds and i walked away with exactly what i was after plus a couple of things that they had that i thought i would use down the line. Prices for a brick and mortar store were fine too. Certainly better than ordering online on a saturday and having to wait until next week to be able to do the job i wanted to do today.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

cyclotic

Postby cyclotic » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 am

Hi all,

Newbie post here.

Just like to add that I purchased a Fuji Feather from Cycleworld in Burwood couple weeks ago. Great service received.

Looking forward to another visit on my first service.

Cheers

Dan

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Thu May 02, 2013 9:31 am

People at Pro-lite Oz, need a pat on the back.

Busted my rear hub Monday arvo, contacted Deon at ProLite Monday nite. Had a helpful reply first thing Tuesday morning. Ordered/paid Tuesday.

Had new wheels arrive this morning..thursday.

Now thats service. Well done folks

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Mon May 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Late in posting this but better than never hey? Two LBS' to thank for their service and efforts in getting a number of issues resolved.

Bike Ride, Liverpool St, Hobart: Submitted a warranty for a frame failure without original proof of purchase documentation, and successfully negotiated a replacement.

Treadlies, Kingston: Generally excellent service for both me and the minister for war and finance on sourcing spares and resolving issues.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 pm

A big thanks to the guys at Cecil Walker Cycles in Elizabeth St Melbourne who put up with an old guy drooling over the Campagnolo 80th Anniversary groupset in the window. They were also good enough to help me with an ongoing issue with my Trek Rig without me buying anything.

(But not a Bianchi in the house!)

CB

Saturnstarzz

Postby Saturnstarzz » Mon May 27, 2013 9:25 pm

celeste boy wrote:A big thanks to the guys at Cecil Walker Cycles in Elizabeth St Melbourne who put up with an old guy drooling over the Campagnolo 80th Anniversary groupset in the window. They were also good enough to help me with an ongoing issue with my Trek Rig without me buying anything.

(But not a Bianchi in the house!)

CB
+1 for cecils , needed to use a track pump to get my rear tire up to a comfortable pressure. Anthony offered to help , said I was fine and his (light hearted Banter) response wasn't going to help you anyway's . Store full of customers on a friday night so my response was "You'd charge me more the cost my wheels for fixing it".

But i guess its like all bike stores spend enough time in them and they get know them by first name and vice versa.

Johns cycling warehouse in newport Victoria is great aswell, One man store but always has time for chat and to give advice.

russells

Near the Gold Coast? Currumbin Cycles, I'm impressed.

Postby russells » Mon May 27, 2013 9:56 pm

If I didn't live in Melbourne these would be the guys I'd choose. I wandered in to browse, as you do on holidays. I watched the mechanic work for 20 minutes while I chatted to him about bikes. I discovered a man who loves his biking and and is a bit of a perfectionist to boot. I've rebuilt plenty of bikes over the years, but if he was in Melbourne I'd trust them to him instead. He even was prepared to let me test drive a bike I said I would buy in Melbourne, not at his shop. He was actually more interested in listening to, and helping, me. Impressed.
Went back the next day to hire a bike, and the owner did not try to sell me anything. He listened to what I wanted and was more than obliging. He sent me out on the closest thing he had to the road bike I am considering, full carbon and 105, and in my size. Not your average hire bike. Impressed.
On return he gave me more than I expected of his time discussing my choices in bikes, and a few helpful suggestions. He then logged into Bike Exchange and looked over where I might get one at the right price in Melbourne. Keep in mind I had made it quite clear I was not a potential customer. More than impressed.
These are guys who listen to you, love their own cycling, and know their stuff.

geezmoz

Postby geezmoz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am

Long time reader but 1st time poster... thought I post my positive experience with Rush Cycling (St Kilda).

Had recently bought a Specialized Secteur Compact from them and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Considering this is my 1st road bike, I'm a total noob, the sales staff were attentive and friendly. Mike, who served me, had provided me with much insight on what I need after asking some questions about what I really want to do with the bike. Honestly, not many sales staff asked that since I had visited a few shops and they all assumed that I am already knowledgeable or just trying to sell me something that fits my budget.

Asked if I could go for a test ride, he gave me a roubaix carbon instead as they didn't have a correct size secteur for me. He explained the differences between them comparing it to the secteur I was looking. I wasn't feeling 100% that day so decline ridding that $3k+ bike... in case I decked it... bummer...

Overall, fantastic shopping experience with the only minus is that no freebies or discounts was included... oh well, happy to spend my $$ I'm walking out a happy man.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:42 pm

My new Fixed arrived today :D

A thing of absolute beauty, I'm more than a little sad it'll be a few days before I can build her up.

Big thanks to Anthony (neoppg) for making the process so simple and enjoyable, highly recommended seller :D

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:34 pm

My order from Cell Bikes was delivered in less that 24 hours. I am in Sydney and they are consistently delivering the next day whereas other retailers (non-bike) tend to need a few days to process before delivery - so credit to Cell. Interstate delivery may take a bit longer - will be interesting to see if they start sending from Melbourne for local customers (as they are setting up a retail store there).
Cycling is in my BNA

Venus62

Postby Venus62 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:40 am

AUbicycles wrote:My order from Cell Bikes was delivered in less that 24 hours. I am in Sydney and they are consistently delivering the next day whereas other retailers (non-bike) tend to need a few days to process before delivery - so credit to Cell. Interstate delivery may take a bit longer - will be interesting to see if they start sending from Melbourne for local customers (as they are setting up a retail store there).
I'm in Brisbane and the orders I've had with Cell have all arrived the next day. Amazing service.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:23 pm

AUbicycles wrote:My order from Cell Bikes was delivered in less that 24 hours. I am in Sydney and they are consistently delivering the next day whereas other retailers (non-bike) tend to need a few days to process before delivery - so credit to Cell. Interstate delivery may take a bit longer - will be interesting to see if they start sending from Melbourne for local customers (as they are setting up a retail store there).
+1

I buy stuff online from Cell all the time, and its always at my door in Melbourne in 1-2 days. Quite impressed.

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Purchased a bike from Inner City Cycles in Glebe on Friday. I have been dealing with this bike shop for a few months now, and I am impressed with the advice all of the staff have given me, and the time spent discussing my cycling needs.
"Life is just a ride" Bill Hicks
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

Saturnstarzz

Postby Saturnstarzz » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:11 pm

My 50km old Mavic Carbone Cosmic SLR's arrived today, bought on fleabay.
Seller surlypat (pat) let me pay for the wheels a week later when I got paid When for a spin around the block on them and wow.

Will post pics in the cannondale section.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Ordered a new Garmin Edge 500 from Highly Tuned Athletes. Price was within $1 of cheapest o/s online price I could find but without the foreign currency exchange fees and had free postage. Order was placed and within a couple of hours I received an email saying it had been posted. Two days later it was in my hot little hand.

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:22 am

Ross wrote:Ordered a new Garmin Edge 500 from Highly Tuned Athletes. Price was within $1 of cheapest o/s online price I could find but without the foreign currency exchange fees and had free postage. Order was placed and within a couple of hours I received an email saying it had been posted. Two days later it was in my hot little hand.
Thanks for the heads up= just got mine for cheaper than most reputable online stores ($239 in a bundle) and express postage for free, quick and simple, recommended

rjk

Postby rjk » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:42 am

Just had my bike serviced by Simon at quality bicyles repairs at 112 union rd surrey hills melb.

A 1 man service outfit that does a great job, he is my goto man whenever i want something done on all of my bikes, i have recommended him to others as well and all are impressed.

if any of you want a great service on your bike go try him out, he is not a retailer and does not sell bikes, just a bicycle repair place

http://www.qualitybicyclerepairs.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS i have no affiliation in any form with simon or the store, just 1 very happy customer
Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane

Saturnstarzz

Postby Saturnstarzz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Just bought a pair or a New pair Oakley Radar Lock's for $99 (AT) trash converters. Paid for them and then told the guy they are worth more that.

Timbo1

Postby Timbo1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi all. Just bought a 2014 Giant Defy 1 from Cycology Bikes in Tuggerah on the central coast, NSW. Excellent service . Paid for bike, picked up an hour later. Thorough fitting and excellent price too. Rode it home from the shop this afternoon 8) . So if you ever want to buy a bike on the coast you know where to go.

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Shout out to Total Rush Cycles in Richmond VIC.

Great service even when I changed an order only to reverse it again the next day. Ended up with the Specialized Secteur Expert Disc (Road bike with BB7 wohooo!) in brushed silver (now feel like I'm wanting the red again...arghhh decisions!). Staff were friendly and helpful. After the fit I took it out for a spin only to bring it back for a FD adjustment - turns out MTBers like me have no idea about derailleur trim!
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:54 pm

After the demise of my favourite bicycle shop in Hobart ( Ray Appleby cycles), I was on the lookout for an alternative. Ride Bellerive is my new source of all things cycling. While I will always be purchasing off the internet, I like to support the lbs too... some things you just can't accomplish online. The guys at Ride are great.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 am

TBE here in perth.

Bought a BMC cap from the innalloo store, 3 weeks and 3 rides later the elastic stitching popped. Went back they were happy to replace no questions.

Was just nice to deal with issues, without issues!

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Purchased some Fizik R3 from BikeForce in Bundal and their service was brilliant.
10/10
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

Rob74

Postby Rob74 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Needed another Cluster Remover/Chain Whip.

Wanted Tiawanese Made not Chinese.
Wanted to Buy from a .au online store.

Already had a "Bike Hand YC-501A" so new it was a good thing, way better than Ice Tools

Found them here
YC-501A
Two Days delivery tracked great Job

Rob

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:59 am

two posts, both about CE...
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"