Great Shopping Experiences

jasonc

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby jasonc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:15 am

both in a day too.... I think I'll flag the post and see what happens.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:51 am

lof5 wrote:I have recently had great purchasing experiences from Cycling Express and I am looking forward to purchasing more great quality cycling gear at a discount rate from their new website. :D
Is it just me or does this read as if it was written by a marketing department.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:12 am

+ 1
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:22 pm

lof5 wrote:Im a consumer....we are on here talking about shopping experiences, do you want me to talk about how I paid $25 for two canisters of co2 from a cbd cycling store? That's not great shopping.
jcjordan wrote:
lof5 wrote:I have recently had great purchasing experiences from Cycling Express and I am looking forward to purchasing more great quality cycling gear at a discount rate from their new website. :D
Is it just me or does this read as if it was written by a marketing department.

Look at it from our view point.

Limited posts that looks like it has been written by a first year marketing student.

James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

foxglove

Postby foxglove » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Ordered a Garmin Edge 510 from Highly Tuned Athletes in Vic yesterday and received it (in NSW) today. Great service and great price!

mtbkym01

Postby mtbkym01 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Got my Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 from The Bike Station on Brighton Road in Adelaide this past week, thanks heaps to Noel and the crew, great price and service, even on the upgraded wheelset, lights, Garmin 510, everything, couldn't be happier, and recommend them to anyone considering a new ride, or any other needs you may have. Big thumbs up from me :D
Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 2013, Cannondale Jekyll 900sl 2002.

CoffsGal

Postby CoffsGal » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Moved to - Online Purchases

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:01 pm

I love wiggle. Placed order on Friday. 6pm Friday it was processed ready for dispatch. 4pm Sunday it arrived in Melbourne. 9:30pm Sunday hits customs. 20mins later its cleared and outta there. Hopefully on my Desk tomorrow. And thats regular shipping. Why the hell I would pay extra for priority is beyond me. I posted something express to another member in Brisbane an hour before my Wiggle order was processed, id say 50/50 I get my my delivery before he does.....
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

MDL

Postby MDL » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:45 am

Thought i would share the letter i sent into Giant -

To / Whom it may concern,

I'm writing this letter to inform you of same great customer service I have received from one of your QLD dealerships 'Cyc'ed for Bikes' Brisbane.

After discovering an issue with my frame on a morning ride, I contacted Jaaron about 10.30am friday morning to see where I stood with the warranty. After the conversation he requested photos of the problem, due to me living not locally (2hrs travel time away).

I was only able to forward these requested photos at 4pm friday afternoon and wasn't expecting an answer until the next week with possibly replace occurring with 6-8 weeks, which is the replacement time I had been told be a friend which had a similar problem occur to his frame.
I was then amazed to receive an email at 6.30pm out of regular business hours from Jaaron to inform me that if I was able to travel on the saturday to the shop and be there by 3pm he would replace my frame under warranty that quickly.

This quickly result and express service to my issue allowed me to compete in the QLD cycling road race that I was entered in.
So i'm writing this letter to Thank Jaaron from 'Cyc'ed for Bikes' on his incredible service.

After managing a $20million retail store for 10 years. You don't see this quality of service very often and companies never hear about the positives, always the negatives but this is a definite POSTIVE. Jaaron is such and accent to your cycling brand.

Once again I'd like to thank him for his great service

Yours Faithfully

Matthew Locker
Giant Customer

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Some great customer experiences I've had recently are from:
Click-Stand (http://click-stand.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) makers of telescopic bike stands.
Easy peasy transaction from start to finish and surprisingly decent shipping time from the USA.

I bough a Primus Omnilite stove (multifuel) for my touring from Outfitter Country via Amazon.
Super speedy postage from the States (unusually) and item as described.
For the price I was worried it was the non Ti version but I worried for nothing - excellent pricing.
Easy peasy transaction from start to finish.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007IG ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

@Threshold

Postby @Threshold » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Rebel Sport have the Garmin Forerunner 210 & 410 with $100 & $150 discount respectively.
More interested in the 410 which has some bike settings.
Asked about the extra 5% discount for Season pass signup at purchase as mentioned in another forum & after a bit of discussion they honoured the offer.
Very Happy

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:01 pm

im_no_pro wrote:I love wiggle. Placed order on Friday. 6pm Friday it was processed ready for dispatch. 4pm Sunday it arrived in Melbourne. 9:30pm Sunday hits customs. 20mins later its cleared and outta there. Hopefully on my Desk tomorrow. And thats regular shipping. Why the hell I would pay extra for priority is beyond me. I posted something express to another member in Brisbane an hour before my Wiggle order was processed, id say 50/50 I get my my delivery before he does.....
Similar here. Ordered Thur evening, delivered today. Free postage, non priority dispatch.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:39 am

HAKS wrote:
im_no_pro wrote:I love wiggle. Placed order on Friday. 6pm Friday it was processed ready for dispatch. 4pm Sunday it arrived in Melbourne. 9:30pm Sunday hits customs. 20mins later its cleared and outta there. Hopefully on my Desk tomorrow. And thats regular shipping. Why the hell I would pay extra for priority is beyond me. I posted something express to another member in Brisbane an hour before my Wiggle order was processed, id say 50/50 I get my my delivery before he does.....
Similar here. Ordered Thur evening, delivered today. Free postage, non priority dispatch.
Yep, i didnt pay extra for shipping/despatch either. Landed on my desk before midday yesterday. From being picked in southampton to my desk in Melbourne was 65 hours. Insane.

I doubt I would have got it any quicker with priority despatch/shipping.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:34 am

Evans on the other hand has been a bit slack.
Usually items are dispatched within a day of order from my past dealings with them. In this case tho items ordered Sat which are in stock are still to be dispatched..
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:41 am

im_no_pro wrote:
HAKS wrote:
Yep, i didnt pay extra for shipping/despatch either. Landed on my desk before midday yesterday. From being picked in southampton to my desk in Melbourne was 65 hours. Insane.

I doubt I would have got it any quicker with priority despatch/shipping.
I'm still waiting for an order from Wiggle that had to wait for a backorder. Shipped out Friday 30th, received the backorder last Thursday and still waiting for the rest... Maybe I'm unlucky, but I've had stuff shipped from China Post that have arrived in half the time...

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:51 am

lobstermash wrote:
I'm still waiting for an order from Wiggle that had to wait for a backorder. Shipped out Friday 30th, received the backorder last Thursday and still waiting for the rest... Maybe I'm unlucky, but I've had stuff shipped from China Post that have arrived in half the time...
Thats still under a week, which is not bad for standard shipping. Wiggle quote up to 10 days iirc. Backorder is a different kettle of fish, I only order something if its in stock because I cant be bothered with the stuffing around because they hold the rest of your original order for 5 days (from memory) before shipping it. I will usually shop around until I can find someone who has everything I want in stock. My Wiggle order began its life as a c r c basket. Wiggle ended up being a touch dearer but <1 week later I have everything. Well worth it IMO.

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:00 am

I'm the same re backorder, but it was in stock when I went to the checkout... Unlucky I guess. I'm happy with the speed of the backorder item (which came first), but the other 3 things (one of which I have almost ignored the cost and bought elsewhere because I need them ASAP) are still somewhere in the system.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:04 pm

I ordered from Wiggle on Friday evening and attempted delivery was made late Monday afternoon. Hard to beat that for speed of delivery.

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Chain reaction

Ordered 3rd September
Received 10 September

Not too bad!
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

GrumpyJohn

Postby GrumpyJohn » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Well as a relative newcomer to cycling and after visiting numerous LBSs in my side of Melbourne, my last stop was The Angry Butcher Bike Shop in Sunbury (formally the Bicycle Superstore)

The staff were amazing at helping me choose with no pressure, lots of advice without information overload (which is what I was suffering from prior to walking in there!!) Bruce (owner) got me on my first bike in years and since then I've been loitering in the store every couple of days buying bits and bobs. I have no affiliation with this LBS, just a local who likes to support a good business when they deserve it.

Cheers,
Grumpy John

Edit: fixed link as per forum rules.
Returning to the bike after 20 years. Slow and steady... GT Aggressor 1.0

silverine

Postby silverine » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:40 am

I have ordered twice since cyclingexpress revamped their site.. Mainly because price were a bit cheaper than overseas and I don't need the item urgently.

First order arrived after 2 business days, second order arrived the next business day on TNT package which seems to come from taiwan.

Considering how slow they were previously, that's a massive improvement from them.

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:47 pm

I've had some good experiences with Cycles Galleria of late.

They are nearby to me at work, so I tend to browse/gaze at the shiny things.

I have bought a few things recently. I was looking for Topeak stuff and mentioned a sale down the road and the person assisting me matched the sale without pause.

Today I bought 4 inner tubes and was given a 20% discount without prompting.

Woohoo!
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Ordered 9 items from Wiggle last Saturday, and received all of the items on Friday.
Great communication also.
Thanks Wiggle :D
"Life is just a ride" Bill Hicks
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

BillR

Postby BillR » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:35 pm

mtbkym01 wrote:Got my Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 from The Bike Station on Brighton Road in Adelaide this past week, thanks heaps to Noel and the crew, great price and service, even on the upgraded wheelset, lights, Garmin 510, everything, couldn't be happier, and recommend them to anyone considering a new ride, or any other needs you may have. Big thumbs up from me :D
Interesting. I met Noel on a rainy Thursday night not so long ago and checked this bike over.
By the weekend I had come across the Roubaix.

So what did I miss out on??? :D

cheers
Bill

RobM

Postby RobM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Holy cow!

Ordered 3 items from Cell Bikes at about 2:30pm on Thursday.

Delivered to my desk at Brisbane Friday (today) 1:30pm!!!

Downside: they sent a 7-sp cassette instead of an 8-sp.
Jump on the website, email in quoting the order number and outline the problem.
Reply email 48min later stating correct item will be posted ASAP along with a return satchel for the other cassette.

Amazed and impressed to say the least. Great work by Cell bikes.