No votes
Trek 3700
17%

Total votes: 6
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:32 am

europa wrote:
Aushiker wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:It's a link off Shimanos site Andrew.
Thanks Shaun.

Found them here. They are called Rubber Anatomic.

Regards
Andrew
Dem's da critters ... but when you find they're horrid, blame Mitch, not me eh? :wink:

Nah, I think they'll suit you because you've already expressed satisfaction with your flat bars. All these do is give you a bit more width and turn your wrist through 90 degrees - there's no change in height. If you have trouble getting them, I'll go back to the shop I got mine from and see if he has some more - won't be hard to post them over.

Richard
Ill take the blame if you don't like them...i can handle the criticism, that iand i love my bar ends.

My shop in maitland has a heap if either of you cant get them...i think i got them on special though when i got them with my bike. Normally $39 or something like that.

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Until next time...

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:40 am

[quote="europa If you have trouble getting them, I'll go back to the shop I got mine from and see if he has some more - won't be hard to post them over.[/quote]
Thanks Richard. I will let you know if I have trouble finding them.

Andrew

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Back onto the Mongoose (tyax comp MTB), i want to get a set of slicks for it to give it a little less resistance when i ride.

My bike is using Kenda Komodo 26" , but unfortunately that is all i can tell you. I was lookin on torpedo7 and they do a WTB Slickasaurus what is with the other measurements??? Should i check the width of my rims and current tyres and get something exactly te same but in a slick or will those fit my bicycle.

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Until next time...

Bnej

Postby Bnej » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:11 pm

You can fit a 1.5" tyre to your bike, you probably have something like a 1.9 - 2.1" tyre.

You should do as they suggest though and change the tubes to a smaller size as well.

The Slickasaurus is better than riding your knobblies on the road but it is a cheap tyre so I wouldn't expect too much of it. If you went to Continental Sport Contacts in 26x1.3 you could put in 100 PSI, save some weight, and have better puncture protection - but then you're looking at about $50 per tyre instead of $15.

You can also get Continental Ultra Gatorskins in 26x1.2 which would be even lighter and faster.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:14 pm

Well at $15 a tyre i don't think it would affect anything. It is a cheap tyre, i can use it to see how i go and if i have troubles with it i will know...

A - if in future i want slicks.

B - if i like them i'll pay more for them.

Mitch.

Until next time...