New Wheels - Which Ones???

Ekans

Postby Ekans » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:22 pm

sogood wrote:
Ekans wrote:The problem occurs with the rear wheel (which does the most work). I ride on the road. The rim is bending and it appreas that I am having to have the buckles taken out on a weekly basis. When I bought the bike, I knew very little about the R550's. I think they are a nice wheel, just not suited to a bruser like me.
Are you saying that the rim would flex significantly even when you are riding on the flat? That would be quite amazing. :shock:
Maybe a bit confusing here, when I mean bending - I mean buckling. The phenomenon is not so noticeable when on the bike, although can be easily detected when applying the breaks after a while. Much more noticeable when checking the bike after the ride and the wheel looks like its had a big night out with the boys at the pub and strip bars :lol:

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Error. This post can no longer be displayed.
Last edited by MountGower on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:45 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Yes and he had a go at me for sitting on B grade on Saturday....not sure how he could see that from the start finish line while I was on the opposite side?....luckily a few B grade riders set it straight.
Now he's in C grade, I need to factor him in. He lacks speed, but is a good sprinter (must be the centre of balance). I recon that 2 laps at high speed should drop him.
He has been dropped the times I have been there,but at the rate they are promoting ppl he will be in B soon :wink:
The way I see it, from what you have told me and what I've heard of D grade is - The C grade riders will be promoted to B grade and the D grade riders promoted to C grade, so C grade will actually be D grade and B grade will be B1 (B grade) and B2 (C grade) hanging on for dear life.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:48 pm

What you guys who have trouble with wheels should do, is get some built by a wheel builder who has the ability to build a quality product and can cater for your particular characteristics, ie weight and power output.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

CB

Postby CB » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:18 pm

mikesbytes wrote:B grade will be B1 and B2
sweeeeeet bring the kids

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:23 pm

Hands up everyone who can sing the Bananas in Pyjamas song :D

Richard
**waves hand**
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:18 pm

Waving my hands high...they can't beat thomas the tank engine thou!!!

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:53 pm

waving hands and feet!

tho imo, can't beat "super-ted!"