Vivente Lugano God or Dog?

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Vivente Lugano God or Dog?

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:35 pm

Hello,

I was looking for a road bike around $1000. I came across the Vivente Lugano at around $1300. It has a Shimano 105 Groupset, R500 Wheelset, Aluminium Frame, Carbon Fibre Forks & a Truvativ Elita Crankset.

Other bikes I was looking at were the Giant OCR1, 2 & 3. Does anyone have any advise.

Jim.
:?

P.S. I originally posted my problem under the forum:
OCR3, CRX4, CRX3 or maybe even a Vivente. My Bicycle dilemma

So for any questions on the bikes use please search this forum the only reason I started a new forum is because I have started looking in a different price range. But I still want to go at NASA like speeds. 8)
Jim

by BNA » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:41 am

BNA

Postby bigbuzz73 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:41 am

Hi Jim,
I read a magazine test in a bike mag a couple of months ago on the Lugano. It was rated pretty good for: value for money, component quality and build quality. Seems like a good bike for the $.
Wayne
bigbuzz73

Postby timbo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:50 am

It may just come down to which bike feels the most comfortable and enjoyable to ride. Some bikes seem hard to get comfortable on, while others, despite a supposed similar frame size feel so much better to ride. That will be the bike for you. A test ride on each bike will determine that. September is getting close to the introduction of 2008 model bike time, so your bike shop may be willing to do a deal on 2007 stock. Maybe.
timbo

Return to Buying a bike / parts