Continental GP4000 vs Michelin Prorace2

which one?

Continental GP4000
5
63%
Michelin Prorace2
3
38%
 
Total votes: 8
robalert
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Oatlands, Sydney
Contact:

Continental GP4000 vs Michelin Prorace2

Postby robalert » Wed May 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Heard so much about these tyres..... what would you go for????

Not so much for racing but for ultimate low rolling resistance then grip then puncture resistance

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 17039
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Sun May 21, 2006 7:36 pm

I've looked carefully at these 2 particular tyres and the seem pretty even to me. I've ordered some pro race 2 types from www.probikekit.com
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

robalert
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Oatlands, Sydney
Contact:

Postby robalert » Tue May 23, 2006 10:46 pm

mikesbytes wrote:I've looked carefully at these 2 particular tyres and the seem pretty even to me. I've ordered some pro race 2 types from www.probikekit.com


me too.. i order 3 yellow prorace2 tyres

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 17039
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Wed May 24, 2006 12:53 pm

Mine have arrived, but I won't put them on until the existing tyres are worn out.

Michelin have a tyre pressure guide, where you take into account the weight of the rider and bike. Does anyone know where I can get this?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

User avatar
merida901
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Noble Park Nth, Vic. Australia

Postby merida901 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:59 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Michelin have a tyre pressure guide, where you take into account the weight of the rider and bike. Does anyone know where I can get this?


http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/front ... 18&lang=EN

If this doesn't work i will post the pic.

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 17039
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Wed May 24, 2006 3:00 pm

merida901 wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:Michelin have a tyre pressure guide, where you take into account the weight of the rider and bike. Does anyone know where I can get this?


http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/front ... 18&lang=EN

If this doesn't work i will post the pic.
Thanks for the link, I've previously been thru the site and not found it.

Based on the info, which is a little on the thin side, I'm 76.5Kg and my bike is 10Kg however I assume the weight was based on a 7Kg bike, therefor 76.5Kg + 3Kg = 79.5Kg (say 80Kg) which equates to 8bar which is 115psi, which is the max recommened for a pro2 race tyre anyway.

While I don't know how accurate my assumptions are, I'll go with 115psi on my existing tyres which has a max of 125psi.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: azzasn