Bike Rack / Carrier???

gcouyant

Re: Bike Rack / Carrier???

Postby gcouyant » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 am

mtbads wrote:I know this is an old string but I am having a lot of trouble reaching you through your website. Do you still monitor this forum?
Cheers, Ads
Hello Ads,

Yes I'm here and have been relegated to dealing with enquiries too. I monitor info@isi-carriers.com and should be pretty much up to date with enquiries so if you haven't heard back from us then there's a problem with the return email address. Shoot me an email and make yourself known to me. Happy to help - Life is too short for hassle.
George from iSi Advanced Bicycle Carrier Systems

gcouyant

Postby gcouyant » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Boy, this was an old thread Ads. It's been an awesome year and so very looking forward to 2014. So many people out there travelling with bicycles now and it's just fantastic to not only assist them but to also share experiences. Heaps of trailer and caravan customers too which is pleasing. Some random images:

Impressed with what Dave from Trackabout Camper trailers has done for his customers. A neat drawbar mount so that the carrier folds forward to access the storage compartment.

Talk about a burger with the lot - note the fold up boat trailer on the back as well. Is there an emoticon for green with envy?

This one appealed too. The quirky camper trailer is manufactured from another Land Rover Defender donor vehicle. What a ripper....

This last year has also been interesting dealing with the road cycling crowds and plenty of desirable things out there.

I may have to become more in sync with riding on fast paved roads with tyres thinner than my middle finger.

We also got to get away before the holiday period which is always very hectic for us. Melanie and I hit the south east coast with van in tow and a pair of fat bikes.

Stacks and stacks of tracks and many that can be driven on with normal passenger vehicles. Getting into these areas with bicycles is just sensational.

For those who are not aware of fat bikes, they float on sand and with a soft foot print are so very gentle on the environment. They open up so many riding opportunities - like the 90 Mile Beach - if you say it quickly it doesn't sound so bad and thankfully it's a lot shorter with a strong tail wind.

You get to ride into some awesome places. Seriously, so awesome.

Mind you, some of the tracks were just trying. Not challenging, not beautiful nor fun - just trying. I'm finding it more and more comforting to not have to worry about the bikes because it often takes all of my energy to concentrate on getting the car and van through.

There is a lot of adventure to be had out there and every time we get away I pinch myself at how lucky we are to be able to get away from the regular bike trails and bike parks - and enjoy riding wherever and whenever we like along the journey. It's not until you experience riding during the journey that you realise that it's not just about transporting bikes to a destination - hence back on topic...

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:05 am

As much as I would like an ISI carrier they are quite pricey, I bought a platform rack from Torpedo 7 as a trial and a compromise. This one. It works well but is a little fiddly to mount the bikes with three straps per bike. Holds four bikes well. Yes it also sits quite low if you have a steep driveway etc, not a problem for me.

With some inspiration from the ISI site I also fabricated a mount for the front of our camper trailer by fitting a post for a tow ball and a rear support to rest the rack on at the back. Now the rack mounts on there for trips away in a similar position to the last picture above, above the draw bar and over the top of the spare tyre and tool box. I didn't modify the rack so it still mounts on the car just as easily.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

tizoro

Postby tizoro » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:33 am

Hello, I'm french , I am owner of a land rover defender 110, and I want to travel with bicycles . I am absolutely buy a door velo isi carrier , but I have no return of the ISI company by email , if someone can help me. thank you

gcouyant

Postby gcouyant » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:06 pm

tizoro wrote:Hello, I'm french , I am owner of a land rover defender 110, and I want to travel with bicycles . I am absolutely buy a door velo isi carrier , but I have no return of the ISI company by email , if someone can help me. thank you
Hello Vincent,

That free.fr email address had been bouncing back. We'll be back to you shortly on the other email address that you used. Won't be long now.

tizoro

Postby tizoro » Wed May 04, 2016 6:29 am

hello,
Have you received my pictures?
thanks

ammaring

Postby ammaring » Sat May 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Hi all,

Looking to get a tow bar and rack for my mtb (just one bike, two very rarely). Car is a small Suzuki Swift 2012. Tried to get a Thule Raceway rack but none fit, so need to go to war option.

I'm a bit confused, I see so many pictures with tow bar racks but they don't have number plates or light boards. Are these definitely needed? Would I need it for the below type? Trying to do this as cost efficient as possible. I am located in Sydney.

http://www.thule.com.au/details.php?p_id=70

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

solg80

Postby solg80 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Good Day all,

I'm also considering getting a rack so the whole family can have some bonding sessions.
Not exactly the most hands-on guy but it's confusing!!!

Did came across a few good articles:
https://www.bjracks.com.au/blogs/learni ... bike-racks
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news ... /index.htm

Is hitch/tow-ball bike rack the best for my RAV4?
I don't have any crossbars though and the one with straps looks unreliable....

RadoR6

Postby RadoR6 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Is George from ISI carriers still here? I've sent three messages through the contact form on his website with no answer. I live in the UK and need some informations if he ships overseas, how it works with GST when exporting outside Australia,some details about the fitting (was searching for a bike carries for a long time and having issues to find the right product here in Europe as my car is a Pajero NT and there are difficulties with fitting the carrier on the tow bar cos of clearance issues due to spare wheel fitted on the back door). Not mentioning I'll have to still fit the rear lights with wiring on it somehow and still not 100% sure if it'll be lega in Europe cos of the idiotic EU regulations. Accidentally found myself on this forum whilst searching for some info on the net, if I wanted to see George's profile I had to sign in, as I'm a new member I can't see his details. Eventually found some telephone number on the internet which wasn't working. Found about three email addresses (two from this forum I think) which should be linked to his person but fed up of just thinking to write something all over again with questionable result. Sorry George, I'm really frustrated and have to still keep my lips tight as if I say what is really in my mind then you might not sell me anything even if I'd pay a triple price. I don't know you and can't judge you but just look at the fact that this thread goes back to 2011 and now in 2018 someone still has issues to get into touch with you. And yes it is a real shame that my first post sounds the way it sounds. Have a good day, hope to hear from you soon.

gcouyant

Postby gcouyant » Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 am

Whoa there RadoR6. I don’t see any emails from anyone in the UK that haven’t been processed. Do you mind PMing me your email address and we can check. There are a number of sales staff here who process sales enquiries. Hopefully we can assist you.

The Pajero (Montero) is an easy one and popular for us all around the world. Two or four bicycle configurations available.

UK regulations are straight forward and well documented on the relevant UK government web sites so they will answer your questions regarding import and operation of a bicycle carrier on the rear of a Pajero.

At our end the way it works is that GST isn’t charged on export sales. There is however a surcharge on export to some countries and I don’t get that information until after we generate an invoice for customs clearance.

There are daily shipments to fellow adventurers all over the world so we hold at least 100 modular bicycle carriers in stock in order to respond promptly. In other words, don’t stress if you’re in a hurry.

hj121

Postby hj121 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi George (ISI Carriers),

Apologies for being another guy pestering you on here. I just joined up to this forum as I found it while researching more of your bike carriers. I really like the way the bike is attached on your carriers.

I've sent a couple emails last week, one to the iSi website contacts page and one to info@isi.... I haven't heard anything back. The emails had photos showing what I need. Noting the messages above in this forum- unfortunately I must be too new and can't PM you my email address.

I don't actually need one of your awesome hitch mounts, just the carrier itself and a way to mount it to the bars I already have on the back of my truck in the US (all in the photos I sent and am happy to send again) I am trying to get a rack for a trip up to the top of Alaska and I'm leaving Aus around the 31st June.

I don't mean to hassle and would wait longer for a response via the emails, but time is becoming more of an issue for me now. Would be great if there is a way to get in contact and order from you guys.

Thanks for your time

Heath

gcouyant

Postby gcouyant » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:35 pm

Hello Heath,

We responded on the 7th. I'll fish out the response and send again to your hotmail account. Do you have another email service? Hotmail is notoriously irregular with emails from businesses that contain links and attachments.

Just as a heads up, we sell bicycle carriers to fellow adventurers all over the world. Thousands of bicycle carriers every year. We're just not geared to put together special engineering solutions from bits and pieces for one-off applications. The Tundra with a camper on the back is a popular configuration for us into the North American market but with all the stuff hanging off the back of yours it's going to be tough to set the bikes back far enough to clear it all.

If you like, take some measurements from this web page here: http://www.isi-carriers.com/vehicle_dimension_data.html and we'll have a good look. Happy to help if we can.

Cheers
George

hj121 wrote:Hi George (ISI Carriers),

Apologies for being another guy pestering you on here. I just joined up to this forum as I found it while researching more of your bike carriers. I really like the way the bike is attached on your carriers.

I've sent a couple emails last week, one to the iSi website contacts page and one to info@isi.... I haven't heard anything back. The emails had photos showing what I need. Noting the messages above in this forum- unfortunately I must be too new and can't PM you my email address.

I don't actually need one of your awesome hitch mounts, just the carrier itself and a way to mount it to the bars I already have on the back of my truck in the US (all in the photos I sent and am happy to send again) I am trying to get a rack for a trip up to the top of Alaska and I'm leaving Aus around the 31st June.

I don't mean to hassle and would wait longer for a response via the emails, but time is becoming more of an issue for me now. Would be great if there is a way to get in contact and order from you guys.

Thanks for your time

Heath

gcouyant

Postby gcouyant » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 pm

gcouyant wrote:The Tundra with a camper on the back is a popular configuration for us into the North American market but with all the stuff hanging off the back of yours it's going to be tough to set the bikes back far enough to clear it all.
Heath, just in case you don't have another email service, the Tundra and camper is almost identical to this one:

More details here: http://www.isi-carriers.com/customers/p ... -rack.html

Yours has N/W oriented jerry can holders off a rear swing arm so you need a good deal more clearance. You can't attach a bicycle carrier to that swing arm. It will twist and break in off-highway applications. The bicycle carrier needs to be mounted directly to the Tundra tow bar. It's a hefty class 4 hitch and will support the large offset and mass well.

Depending upon the measurements requested earlier, a longer main beam should clear the back and position the handlebars above the top of the jerry can and equipment carrier. Something like this example:

The lot pivots down for easy access through the rear door on your camper.

Don't stress about delivery. We use a three day door to door service to North America.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
George

hj121

Postby hj121 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks heaps George, I've sent you a PM now.

Really appreciate you replying so quickly and with all that info!

H