Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I want Titanium in my .. um.. shed....

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 7396
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I want Titanium in my .. um.. shed....

Postby MichaelB » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Don't you just hate eBay


Lemond Victorie Titanium Frame


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now what can I sell for that ...

Can live on 50% of a kidney .....

stryker84
Posts: 1817
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:38 pm
Location: Warrnambool

Postby stryker84 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:22 pm

mmmm... shiny...

lucky i'm already broke, otherwise i would be soon! :P

User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 9627
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Success, WA
Contact:

Postby Kalgrm » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:30 pm

That's pretty enough to tempt me back onto a DF bike! Lovely.

Cheers,
Graeme

(Just kidding - it's beautiful, but not THAT beautiful ... :))
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

User avatar
europa
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:56 pm

Pfft. Another frame for midgets :roll:

Richard

whew, off the hook again :wink:
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

triode12
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I want Titanium in my .. um.. shed.

Postby triode12 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:18 pm

MichaelB wrote:Don't you just hate eBay


Lemond Victorie Titanium Frame


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now what can I sell for that ...

Can live on 50% of a kidney .....


If you think that is pretty (and it is)
Wait till you see this....

http://www.merlinbike.com/bikes/2005/cyrene_dtls.aspx#
Live to ride another day.

Why take unnecessary risks? No matter how small they are...

CB
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:48 pm

Postby CB » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:51 pm

that lemond is hideous

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 7396
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Postby MichaelB » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:24 am

I'll take that as being tongue in cheek CB !!!

It is up to USD $750 with over 6 days to go :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's me out of the rubnning (thanks god...)

Would suit a new Dura-Ace ensemble from PBK well though :cry:

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 am
Location: Rutherford, Maitland, NSW....god's country
Contact:

Postby Birdman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:11 am

that is a fine piece of work.

it has been said but damn i wish i was rich.

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Until next time...

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 7396
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Postby MichaelB » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:37 pm

Birdman wrote:that is a fine piece of work.
.


I just really like the simplicity of it. Simple grafics and a single purpose.

I have always like the titianum colour as well.

Still harbouring evil thoughts at the moment.

Just sold my car, and the money is meant to be going in the bank ....... :twisted:

User avatar
europa
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:32 pm

MichaelB wrote:Just sold my car, and the money is meant to be going in the bank ....... :twisted:


Nah, the bank'll just charge fees and it'll be whittled away. Buy the Ti frame.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 am
Location: Rutherford, Maitland, NSW....god's country
Contact:

Postby Birdman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Can't we come to some sort of compromise here...

put half in the bank and invest the other half in the frame 8)

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.



Until next time...

Bluerider
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby Bluerider » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:13 pm

Birdman wrote:Can't we come to some sort of compromise here...

put half in the bank and invest the other half in the frame 8)

Mitch.


Nah stuff it you only live once :lol:
His Felt Carbon F5C ' 07.....
Giant MTB
Hers Cell MTB
Kids Mongoose x 2 Tricycle x 1

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 7396
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Postby MichaelB » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:37 pm

Bluerider wrote:
Birdman wrote:Can't we come to some sort of compromise here...

put half in the bank and invest the other half in the frame 8)

Mitch.


Nah stuff it you only live once :lol:


I'll do you all a deal. Lend me the money and I'll pay you back evemntually, but I'll let you drool all over it when you visit.

Sound fair ?

Bluerider
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby Bluerider » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:38 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Bluerider wrote:
Birdman wrote:Can't we come to some sort of compromise here...

put half in the bank and invest the other half in the frame 8)

Mitch.


Nah stuff it you only live once :lol:


I'll do you all a deal. Lend me the money and I'll pay you back evemntually, but I'll let you drool all over it when you visit.

Sound fair ?


MichaelB I've done my bit for humanity bred 3kids which charity never stops,wife is worse than the ATO and any left overs go on my drooling loves close by in the garage....so to answer your question.. NO :wink: :lol:
His Felt Carbon F5C ' 07.....

Giant MTB

Hers Cell MTB

Kids Mongoose x 2 Tricycle x 1

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 am
Location: Rutherford, Maitland, NSW....god's country
Contact:

Postby Birdman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:38 am

Bluerider wrote:
MichaelB wrote:
Bluerider wrote:
Birdman wrote:Can't we come to some sort of compromise here...

put half in the bank and invest the other half in the frame 8)

Mitch.


Nah stuff it you only live once :lol:


I'll do you all a deal. Lend me the money and I'll pay you back evemntually, but I'll let you drool all over it when you visit.

Sound fair ?


MichaelB I've done my bit for humanity bred 3kids which charity never stops,wife is worse than the ATO and any left overs go on my drooling loves close by in the garage....so to answer your question.. NO :wink: :lol:


+1 for me, i have a mouth to feed (other than my own), and ALL my money goes elsewhere than me...I'll just drool from afar.

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.



Until next time...

User avatar
glawrence2000
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:49 pm
Location: Annandale, Sydney

Re: Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I want Titanium in my .. um.. shed.

Postby glawrence2000 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:35 pm


If you think that is pretty (and it is)
Wait till you see this....

http://www.merlinbike.com/bikes/2005/cyrene_dtls.aspx#


At least this ones got a seat and bars, the other one would be a pain in the ass to ride (literally)
Thanks heaps.
BMC 4Stroke 03. (web nazis won't let me put a third picture up :()
Voodoo Dambala 29er.
FELT AR4 Carbon.

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 7396
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I want Titanium in my .. um.. shed.

Postby MichaelB » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:09 pm

glawrence2000 wrote:

If you think that is pretty (and it is)
Wait till you see this....

http://www.merlinbike.com/bikes/2005/cyrene_dtls.aspx#


At least this ones got a seat and bars, the other one would be a pain in the ass to ride (literally)


So how much is the Merlin ?

triode12
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I want Titanium in my .. um.. shed.

Postby triode12 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:49 pm

MichaelB wrote:
glawrence2000 wrote:

If you think that is pretty (and it is)
Wait till you see this....

http://www.merlinbike.com/bikes/2005/cyrene_dtls.aspx#


At least this ones got a seat and bars, the other one would be a pain in the ass to ride (literally)


So how much is the Merlin ?


In Australia? For the frame alone - about $5K.
In the States - a lot less.
Live to ride another day.



Why take unnecessary risks? No matter how small they are...

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 7396
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Postby MichaelB » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:05 am

Now up to USD $935 with 24 bids.

5 Hours & 41 min to go.

Now officially out of my price range :cry:

But at least I dreamt for a while .....

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 am
Location: Rutherford, Maitland, NSW....god's country
Contact:

Postby Birdman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:40 am

It was good while it lasted.

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.



Until next time...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], daazzaa, gm6046