New Giant Perigee Hybrid

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

New Giant Perigee Hybrid

Postby s28 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:05 am

I shopped around a bit and found a bike that was perfect for me. I get out and ride for fitness along the the bike paths mainly. About an hour a day. Approx 25km.
I was riding a 10 year old mountain bike, fitted with slicks which went along alright but it was time for something better.
I find I get tendinitis in elbows from the concrete joins in the paths so I wanted a flat bar bike with front suspension. I didn't want a comfort cruiser type. I wanted something a little more aggressive.
I test rode quite a few bikes. Scott, felt, shogun, merida. But the one that felt best was the Giant Perigee. The only problem was the tyres didn't have enough give, as they come standard with 25mm tyres. I asked the bike shop to swap them over for the maxxis overdrive 28mm tyres from another giant bike. What difference that made.
This bike is fantastic for me. I bought some shimano shoes as the bike comes standard with clip-ins. I couldn't be happier.
The service and price from the bike shop was excellent. Some shops were hopeless. Poor service, no stock. I don't know how they survive. I don't know if it's politically correct to plug the shop or not. So I'll go with not at the moment.
Cheers.
s28

by BNA » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 am

BNA

Postby europa » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 am

G'day mate,

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Sounds like a match made in heaven. Yes, it's okay to promote good service.

How about some photos of the lovely steed. You won't be able to post links or images for a week and you've put up ten posts, but if you'd like host them on the net somewhere (this site does host photos, but photobucket works very well) and PM the links to me, I'll put them up for you. Make sure you resize them to 640x260 first though (photobucket does that and has the advantage that you aren't resizing your own photos).

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it
europa

Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby s28 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:33 pm

I got it Tom Wallace Cycles at Lutwyche in Brisbane. The service was first class. Thanks.
s28

Return to Buying a bike / parts