Polygon Heist 5.0

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Polygon Heist 5.0

Postby loutheo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi,

I am looking at buying a new hybrid or flatbar road bike to commute to work. Its a 50km round trip which I will do about 3 days a week.

Has anybody purchased the Polygon Heist 5.0 from bicycles online? or has heard anything about its quality?

http://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/2012-p ... -30-speed/

It seems to have good components for the price ($698) however I am unfamiliar with the brand and doesnt seem to be sold in any stores in Melbourne.

Another bike I am thinking of getting is the Giant Seek 2 (2012), which I can pick up for under $700 from a bike store... The components (mainly Alivio) on the Seek2 are a step below the Heist 5.0 though.

I am not sure whether to stick with a solid brand bought from a bricks and mortar bike store or purchase the bike online...

Anybody have any thoughts/experiences about these bikes? or can suggest a similar bike in a similar price bracket which they believe is worth a look at.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lou
loutheo

by BNA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:15 pm

BNA

Re: Polygon Heist 5.0

Postby AgedCommute » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:15 pm

I am looking at one of these! Does anyone have one? or can give me an owners view about a Polygon?
I have been looking for a hybrid with Deore level gear on it and the Hiest 5.0 looks comparable with bikes that are quite a bit more expensive.
Polygon have been really helpful too. I can't get to the shop from here in Adelaide, so some feedback from people that own one would be really helpful.
I currently have an Avanti Discovery that has been great as a first bike and I am ready for something that rides and shifts a little more nicely. :D
Any views from an owner most appreciated.
AgedCommute

Return to Buying a bike / parts