Bar Tape

Crawf

Re: Bar Tape

Postby Crawf » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 pm

If you want something that takes out vibrations somewhat, then double layer it.
Buy some cheap $6 foam/cork tape for the base, then put the better qual stuff over the top. I'm a fan of Fizik tape.

Alien27

Postby Alien27 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:39 pm

OK thanks sounds like its not needed. I just didnt know what it was for. Ill just leave it off
Cheers, guys:)
Tom

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Alien27 wrote:yes the new tape has that but this is something different. I will take a pic tonight. Its basically looks like someone has got a tube of silicone and run a single (but fat) bead of it starting at the bottom of the bars (near the caps that hold the ends of the tape in) all the way up the drops until it gets to just before the tape ends near the stem. It doesn't wrap around the bars like the tape just along the bar. (its a 2011 Giant Defy 2)
It's probably Fizik Bar Gel...
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

bgorton

Postby bgorton » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Leather is great and looks better as it gets older as long as you get a bit of preservative, dubbin, leather conditioner, or the very expensive Brooks stuff to keep it waterproof. Feels good too....then a matching leather saddle.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:01 am

RonK wrote:
Alien27 wrote:yes the new tape has that but this is something different. I will take a pic tonight. Its basically looks like someone has got a tube of silicone and run a single (but fat) bead of it starting at the bottom of the bars (near the caps that hold the ends of the tape in) all the way up the drops until it gets to just before the tape ends near the stem. It doesn't wrap around the bars like the tape just along the bar. (its a 2011 Giant Defy 2)
It's probably Fizik Bar Gel...
More than probably methinks.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

whenin_rome

Postby whenin_rome » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm

deda do good tape also
Do as the Romans do!