Veloflex Corsa, Conti GP4000s and Michelin Pro 4 race Servic

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Veloflex Corsa, Conti GP4000s and Michelin Pro 4 race Se

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:33 pm

I notice a lot of people seem to be quick to change tyres after what appears to me to be a couple incidents of unfortunate punctures. I think riders should seriously look at what has punctured their tyres and think "would another brand seriously have stopped this puncture?"
singlespeedscott

by BNA » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:23 pm

BNA

Re: Veloflex Corsa, Conti GP4000s and Michelin Pro 4 race Se

Postby humanbeing » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:23 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:I notice a lot of people seem to be quick to change tyres after what appears to me to be a couple incidents of unfortunate punctures. I think riders should seriously look at what has punctured their tyres and think "would another brand seriously have stopped this puncture?"

I stuck with Continental GP4000s for a long time as the consensus was they were the best. When I decided to try other brands and tyres I've played the field as is my right as a consumer to try a wide variety of products. Especially if I want to make an informed descision.
I know what causes the majority of my punctures and I don't seek out broken glass to ride through. If I'm not entirely pleased with a tyre's performance - life span, ride characteristics and puncture resistance, then I move on to the next candidate.
There's lots of products out there and I'm quite prepared to find the one that I believe meets my requirements best.
Schwalbe Durano Plus is looking pretty good at the moment.
Cheers,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena
mid/late eighties Colnago Cromor
humanbeing

Previous

Return to Buying a bike / parts