How much is this Colnago worth?

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

How much is this Colnago worth?

Postby Seppo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 pm

G' Day All, long time listener, first time caller... So, I'm not 100% I'm putting this in the right section, but here goes:

I'm interested in trying a fixed-gear road bike, ok, yes- adding another bike to the stable.

Would this one suit? How much should I pay for it? You'll know as much about it as I do by looking at this crappy picture! It's a Colnago "Master", from which era, I haven't the foggiest (bent forks = older?)The finish isn't great on it. The bars have swung around and smacked the TT, it has a braze on FD hanger, rusty seat collar/bolt, etc... And I'm not too sure I wouldn't rather see it geared-up as it was designed that way. So should I grab it, as it fits, and at what cost? As it is a mate's bike and I want to offer him the right amount. Oh, and I've taken it for a few spins (first steel framed bike I've ever been on)- ...and, I've bloody fallen in love with it (haven't told my friend that obviously)

Anything I've left out, please ask and I'll try to answer. It's totally rideable as-is, but I'd like to do a few things to make it "mine" if I went for it!

Cheers all (going over to the vintage section now and possibly the fixie section- love this site!)
Seppo

Seppo

by BNA » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:56 pm

BNA

Re: How much is this Colnago worth?

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:56 pm

get more pics from your mate of every detail you can, come back and post them up and you will get a better answer.
jaseyjase

Re: How much is this Colnago worth?

Postby RonK » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Colnage still make the Master, a frameset costs $3499. This one may not be all that old - noughties, nineties maybe, but it could possibly date back to the eighties.

Check the ebay listings - complete bikes listed with a buy it now price seem to be around $2000 or a little more, quite a lot of variation between frames prices, but of course these auctions are not completed yet either.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
RonK

Return to Buying a bike / parts