Sun sleeves - recommendations?

sogood

Re: Sun sleeves - recommendations?

Postby sogood » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:43 am

The Korean eBay sleeves may be cheap, but are good. Nothing lost there IMHO.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:16 pm

My wife picked me up a pair of the white Aldi sleeves when they were on sale a couple of weeks ago. I haven't worn them in anger yet (only tried them on for size). Compared to previous ones I've had they seem well made and should do the job.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:43 pm

If there's any concerns about the SPF of the sleeves, then just make sure u have sun screen on beneath them.. No need to spend too much $$ on them...

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:41 pm

I've been dealing with rashes from my Route7 ones; not impressed at all :( hadn't had rashes for ages, but I hadn't been using them for monthes either. Didn't have issues on shorter rides, but the 12 hours on Sunday has brought it back. Hoping that my club kit doesn't have the same problem!

juices2u

Postby juices2u » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:30 pm

I bought a pair of the IceRays ones that golfers use. They are great. They dont slip down and are cooling when the breeze hits. They say they are a genuine 50+ protection and are certified by the Australian Government Radiation Testing Service. I have no reason to doubt them as I have done some long rides in them in hot sun and have not got burnt. They are quite pricey (AT) $29.95 pair compared to the cheap ebay ones but I figure you get what you pay for as I had some ebay ones and they kept slipping down and
were nowhere near as comfy. Im going to order some more from IceRays as they have lots different colours.

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:01 pm

I have some Netti ones, I think they were $29.95 as well, from a LBS (probably cheaper online). They are a good fit and stay white, unlike the Pearl Izumi ones I had previously.

I bought some other cheap ($5, with free freight!) sun sleeves from eBay but they are too short and leave half my forearms exposed to the sun. Apart from that minor problem they are good! :roll:

Where do you get IceRay ones from?

juices2u

Postby juices2u » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:23 pm

I got them from their online store but most of the golf pro shops and golf stores seem to have them. Online address is http://www.icerays.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I just looked them up and they have around 10 colours.