Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:18 am
I am thinking of buying a folding bike to travel from station to home. It would be around 4-5 km. Mostly are uphills. So, I prefer have 7 speed at least.
My budget is around $400 or less. Which brand and model do you recommended ?
I did some Google search and there are some models but not sure if they are good.
1) Cell Sidewalk 2013 Folding bike - around $300-$399. (13kg with rack, i guess may be around 12kg without rack)
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/Cell-Side-W ... -City-Bike
2) Gaint ExpressWay 2 (2013) - Big brand but much more expensive. Not sure about the weight ?
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-au/bik ... 016/57462/
3) Hasa F1 ($399 + $35 delivery) - 9 speed Sora, 11.5 kg without rack.
http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/hasa- ... 9-speed/F1
which one is better in term of value and reliable ?
Is Cell folding bike good ? anyone try it before ? It is the best price but not sure about the quality. I am not sure if I keep up the commuting long. So, don't want to spend too much on the top class of folding bike.
Thank you !
- Posts: 901
- Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:59 pm
- Location: Peoples Republic of Coburg, Victoria
The best value for money in my opinion are Dahons or Terns (Tern is a new company, operated by one of the Dahon founders). They're generally good quality, reliable and rideable bikes that hold value reasonably well, but of course they cost a bit more.
There's the old balancing act to consider; "I might not like cycling so I don't want to spend too much on a bike, but if I buy a bad bike I won't like cycling."
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:53 am
- Location: Lalor Park
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: ironhanglider
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.