- Posts: 18
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:18 am
I am thinking of buying a folding bike to travel from station to home. It would be around 4-5 km. Mostly are uphills. So, I prefer have 7 speed at least.
My budget is around $400 or less. Which brand and model do you recommended ?
I did some Google search and there are some models but not sure if they are good.
1) Cell Sidewalk 2013 Folding bike - around $300-$399. (13kg with rack, i guess may be around 12kg without rack)
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/Cell-Side-W ... -City-Bike
2) Gaint ExpressWay 2 (2013) - Big brand but much more expensive. Not sure about the weight ?
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-au/bik ... 016/57462/
3) Hasa F1 ($399 + $35 delivery) - 9 speed Sora, 11.5 kg without rack.
http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/hasa- ... 9-speed/F1
which one is better in term of value and reliable ?
Is Cell folding bike good ? anyone try it before ? It is the best price but not sure about the quality. I am not sure if I keep up the commuting long. So, don't want to spend too much on the top class of folding bike.
Thank you !
- Posts: 894
- Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:59 pm
- Location: Peoples Republic of Coburg, Victoria
The best value for money in my opinion are Dahons or Terns (Tern is a new company, operated by one of the Dahon founders). They're generally good quality, reliable and rideable bikes that hold value reasonably well, but of course they cost a bit more.
There's the old balancing act to consider; "I might not like cycling so I don't want to spend too much on a bike, but if I buy a bad bike I won't like cycling."
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:53 am
- Location: Lalor Park
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.