Some advice?

PerthNewbie

Some advice?

Postby PerthNewbie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Hello everyone, as my name suggests im pretty new here.. =)
I currently own a 2012 Amiata Torino, full carbon with a 105 group set.
As I am still a student I have grown significantly and now am too tall for the bike.
I got the Torino serviced yesterday at a local bike store to get it ready for sale and couldn't help but notice a great sale they had on, http://www.tbe.com.au/amiata-trieste-2013-10226.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Any thoughts? My main query is how Amiata's frames compare to other companies. I want to be riding the bike for some time as (being a student) I'm poor =)

zero

Re: Some advice?

Postby zero » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 am

You probably know more about the frames than anyone else - being an owner after all. You can even weigh yours, and you know whether or not the bike shop delivered it properly setup.

Other threads on this forum suggest that the frames are made by giant, in which case they should be fine.

PerthNewbie

Postby PerthNewbie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Good point Zero.
My thinking was that being a more expensive frame it may be different in some ways.
My other concern was for ~$2000 should I be looking at anything else?
I noticed cycling express has a azzuri Di2 for $2200

PerthNewbie

Postby PerthNewbie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Went into some LBS's today, guy in Bike Force was offering a Lappiere Xellius for $2400.
As far as I am aware the Amiata frames are nowhere as nice as the Lapierre frames.
Im not sure anymore =/

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 am

Assurri would be nicer than amiata (I used to own the Modena alloy/carbon one and didn't like the ride but it was my only non carbon bike so an unfair comparison I'm sure), and a lapierre nicer again. I'd go the best frame as then you can change components when they wear out, but that would depend of you were still growing!! If you are, get the best group set/wheels and switch them to a new frame next year.

I heard bike force were just starting to bring lapierre in - the owner at the Joondalup store rides one currently and is enjoying it. May be worth having a chat to them regarding the ride.

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:26 am

moosterbounce wrote:Assurri would be nicer than amiata
Can only comment on the typo: Monsterbounce meant "Azzurri". As in
http://www.cyclingexpress.com/cycle/bik ... matte.aspx
I got mine from Adelaide but I think Bikeforce in the northern suburbs (Joondalup?) may have this brand. Worth checking out as good quality, ride and value.