ClickFrenzy - Bike Stuff.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

ClickFrenzy - Bike Stuff.

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 pm

I didn't think there were any bike stores in however there was a Fuji bike promoted at up to 35% off. What does up-to mean?

Now the bad thing, it is being offered by Watsonia SuperCycle. While I am not directly interested, I am curious - but there site is suffering - I could be loading for days.

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

In cycling, only supercycle is involve and there is:
- Fuji Road Bikes Altamira 2.0 Carbon
- Tacx Satori Indoor Pro Cycling Trainer
- Bryton Rider 50 GPS Maps+heart rate $349 (save $150)
- Cratoni Bullet Helmet Huge savings $75 (save 50%)

On the Bryton, it seems fair, I spotted it at $399 in Aus elsewhere and the bullet at $129

A lot of bike shops have sales all the time, so we are not missing out, but was interesting to see.
Cycling is in my BNA

Kenzo

Re: ClickFrenzy - Bike Stuff.

Postby Kenzo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:23 am

There is/was a carbon GT Zaskar hard tail at "54%" off RRP. Sounded like a bargain... except I'm not a fan of the GT frame design (aesthetics don't appeal to me).

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:45 am

Click couldn't handle the Frenzy :P
FPR Ragamuffin

zakka101

Postby zakka101 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 am

get around the triple triangles kenzo!
love my GT.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:25 am

I love triple triangles too - though my old GT is in the hands of a thief still.
Strange the the Zaskar wasn't in the sports equipment listing - but a search revealed and it was from the same retailer.

So it was all over the news how ClickFrenzy was crashing, and retailers were crashing - a bit of a mess with some shoppers reporting 100% savings (cos they couldn't get in).

I checked again and the Super Cycles website loaded in about 1 minute... and the silly thing, it then directs to another site called Bikeoftheweek.com.au. Even sillier, you come in and it wants you to register.

The FUJI ALTAMIRA 2.0 CARBON/WHITE ULTEGRA is $2399
The GT ZASKAR CARBON PRO SRAM X9/XO is $1999

You know what, I spotted some Sunnies - Briko Action Sunglasses and though the RRP is meant to be $100 and they are available through this deal for $39.95 (incl. shipping) - OS they are USD 28 - 42 from Amazon and I even spotted an Australian retailer selling them for $30 (plus postage). I still went for the impulse buy as they are competitively priced and my last sunnies broke.

The silly thing, after purchasing through Paypal (1st option available - CC will have a surcharge), I didn't enter a delivery address rather a Coupon was generated which said - redeem at the store. From a Usability (Customer Friendly) point of view, the entire process is a disaster. By all means I think that the idea is ok - but it should be better implemented and I feel that clickfrenzy have an obligation to help their retailers setup and prepare to better accommodate visitors and process sales.
Cycling is in my BNA

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 am

zakka101 wrote:get around the triple triangles kenzo!
love my GT.
I tried for years to like it... the carbon hardtail frame was the closest I've come to liking the triple triangle... but not enough for me to want it even at $2k.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 am

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:09 pm

ClickFrenzy are patting themself on the back (see their website) while the rest of the media has been tearing them apart.

My saga - I ordered sunnies on Wed 21st, emailed then called on Thursday as I couldn't add a delivery address and was told on the phone that all orders were being sent out on Thursday (and provided my address). I asked as I wanted them for the weekend. The sunnies arrived today, as it was in an express post bag, guaranteed next day delivery I was curious, did Australia Post stuff up? (We even got an auspost delivery on Saturday). No... tracking showed that they were first sent on Monday which is quite disappointing.

The sunnies pictured with blue lenses were a silver reflective lense so I am now enquiring about returning as I want the blue lense.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Quick feedback which is a credit - explained that they were packed Thurs, taken toi the post on Fri but missed the deadline hence Monday delivery out - but kindly welcomed my feedback. No problems on returning.
Cycling is in my BNA

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:57 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Quick feedback which is a credit - explained that they were packed Thurs, taken toi the post on Fri but missed the deadline hence Monday delivery out - but kindly welcomed my feedback. No problems on returning.
Yeah that was definitely a customer service win. You're a REALLY bad customer to make upset. You are the person we have case studies about consumer power at work and viral marketing :lol:

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Sometimes I don't indentify myself - pretend to your average customer.
Certainly wouldn't unfairly target a business - though there are few businesses out there who I would never ever recommend.
Cycling is in my BNA

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:45 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Sometimes I don't indentify myself - pretend to your average customer.
Certainly wouldn't unfairly target a business - though there are few businesses out there who I would never ever recommend.
Mate, the stealth customer is the scariest... they don't forgive and you don't normally get a chance to backpedal after a serious mistake :shock:

The "I'm so important, you must fear me" customer tends to receive the "you have a right to give your business to whom you choose, thank you for your time" treatment... :x

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:35 pm

I am reasonable though - but crappy service means I take my business elsewhere, especially the "we don't want to know" attitude. A lot of people recognise the customer service issue as a problem in Australia - not just the cycling industry, at the same time these same shops wonder why people go online and forgo their "service".

Actually, I should correct myself - mostly in shops I don't walk in with a BNA badge, so am an average customer.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 pm

After 3 months an numerous attempts to get the postage refund from SuperCycle I am giving up - but vow not to try them again. I have been polite in my communication and my request is not unreasonable though this highlights one of the challenges of small shops in that some fail to recognise the customer service component.