Clif bars

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Clif bars

Postby flyby » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi

Where are you getting your Clif Bars? WIggle no longer sell to Aus, Pbk is out of stock at the moment. Any other suggestions?
flyby

by BNA » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:52 am

BNA

Re: Clif bars

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:52 am

The distributor for Clif in the UK only brought in 3 flavours, if you wanted anything else you had to buy from somewhere in the US or Canada. This appears to have changed but not to your advantage; there is now 6 flavours available but you can't buy UK varieties from outside the UK. if you look at Wiggle and adjust your settings to show your country as UK you'll see Clif bars as available. Don't know why Clif contractually limit their market when there's no retailers in AU that'd be harmed if we buy via Wiggle, PBK or Evans Cycles. Maybe they're just not good at business.

Locally isn't any better. Torpedo7 recently got hold of Clif bars in lots of varieties, don't know where they came from but they were getting close to their Use-By-Dates for some, have run out of stock now anyway (unless you want the MoJo bars). If you do find any other AU site selling them watch the Use-By-Date, Clif doesn't sell to AU and anything that makes its way here has sat somewhere or travelled a while. I got a box last year from T7 that had only a month left of shelf life.

And if you're hunting Clifs then bear in mind that at this time of year Clif releases seasonal or one-off varieties, again only in the US (maybe Canada). Haven't seen anything yet. I've bought from JensonUSA but have had to watch the postage.
http://www.jensonusa.com/Clif/Clif-Bar-12-Pack-Box
You'll note that they don't have varieties like Gary's Panforte or Peppermint Stick
http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_clif_bar/

I'm down to 2 bars, looking for a box myself.
just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Apparently Clif bars will be available in AU soon, they got a mention in the Ride On magazine recently but my LBS tells me that Shimano Australia have had delays bringing these in since January, so far expected to be late April. No idea if the full range of flavours but appears to be the bars, Bloks and Shot gels coming in.
just4tehhalibut

Postby Rex » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:08 pm

iherb.com

$16 a box :)
Can't get enough of Clif bars!
Rex

Postby Red Rider » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:42 pm

Rex wrote:iherb.com

$16 a box :)
Can't get enough of Clif bars!

Nice work Rex!
If anyone wants a coupon code: JJF511 (the yanks go crazy with coupons)
Red Rider

Postby mogwaiboi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:34 am

Evans Cycles still sell them, I just put in an order.
mogwaiboi

Return to Buying a bike / parts