What DBR bike is this? And thoughts on DBR..

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

What DBR bike is this? And thoughts on DBR..

Postby De Profundis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:25 am

Hi guys
I'm looking at this as an entry level road bike. Much appreciated if someone can tell me what DBR model and year it is? I know there is an S2 and S3 so I'm assuming this is from before those.. Any idea of a ballpark price? All thoughts welcome!

De Profundis

by BNA » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 pm

BNA

Re: What DBR bike is this? And thoughts on DBR..

Postby De Profundis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Been doing .ore research since the post, starting to think it's a Criterium by the wheelsets but the straight forks are throwing me off. The only other option I think, is an Interval, but those seem to have had sexier looking wheelsets straight out of the shop.. Keen to hear opinions.
Thank you.
De Profundis

Re: What DBR bike is this? And thoughts on DBR..

Postby barefoot » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:12 pm

It looks vaguely similar to my DBR Podium:

You can't see much in the picture, but it's not much of a bike to look at so I didn't waste too many pixels on it :-D

EDIT to add a crop of the full-res photo which might be more useful for seeing something more of teh bike:

Mine has the straight CrMo fork.

I don't know many details about it, only that I bought the frame+fork+headset for $100 on eBay a couple of years back, and I'll be hoping to get about the same for it when I get rid of it in a few weeks. EDIT: looking at my bar and saddle position might give some indication of why I'm selling it - replacing with a custom frame :-D

Apparently there were Podium 1 through to Podium 4. I don't even know which end of the scale was the up-spec end.

Big W had DBR road bikes for sale about 18 months ago - astonishingly good value for a very cheap road bike, a 2200 groupset hanging off a frame, for $250. In the catalogue pictures it looked like it might have been the same frame as my Podium. It could be that they put a variety of sticker sets on the same frame.

No idea what a whole bike would be worth second hand, but reckon on $100-ish plus component value.

tim
barefoot

Return to Buying a bike / parts