News from Bicycles Network Australia and the Australian Cycling Forums
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hello, The big signatures are creeping in, I am spotting four lines of graphics and will give members a few days to update before I remove.
As a rule of thumb - 2 elements are ok.
- It could be a line of text and a 1 line strava graph
- It could be a line of text and a line with a link
- It could be a 1 line strava graph and a 1 line bike journal graph
- A business or blog link to the website and a claim (short and sweet is OK).
- Multiline graphs (instead you can create a link to your rider profile somewhere for interested people to check
- More than two hyperlinks is unreasonable
- Images / Graphics (unless otherwise specifically approved - but generally not)
- Colours and brightly formatted text
- Two different quotes (stick to one, the most important one)
- Promoting sales, specials
Yes you are important however it is not necessary to see a massive amount of information about your training schedual or collection of bikes in every single post (in the signature). Present simple and quick info - and rather than displaying your entire biography or history, etc - instead create a link - for example to your profile page where you can show this info and much more for readers who are interested.
The result is that threads are easier to read and follow.
Link to one of the original threads on this topic: Massive signatures
As an addition, and after a few PMs (thank you), I will look into BikeJournal and see if I am able to provide more guidance on this.
Good admin directive. We are here to read the content of posts, not repeated bombardment of signature lines. It gets very boring after the 10th read.
ROFL, that would really get me into everyones good books. Reduced character limits will definately resolve some of the challenges.
I have left this a little longer to help our members get their signatures in line. Didn't seem to help as many new members are arriving and creating big signatures which means more direct action, thanks for the suggestions below.
Images in signatures now have pixel limits. Typically images are not ok, though the graphs are ok (in acordance with above) and the change means that graphs that are too big (hopefully) will no longer load. A load character limit also will slow down the number of signatures that include large sections of text.
Signatures that I spot that are too massive will be cut (if you are lucky) and deleted if not. A kind of RST.... Random Signature Testing, so not automated or broad reaching - please don't complain that it is 'unfair' as we are not allowing the big signatures, it is just that I havn't come across it and taken action.
Agreed.. the text allowance got cut down once again so I can barely display a quick explanation and link to my blog.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users