Looking at a new ride to buy.

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Looking at a new ride to buy.

Postby 50cal » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:27 am

Hi all I'm looking at 3 bikes. Here's the specs I'll try to give as much info I know the 3 may be in different ranges however I'm looking for feedback from owners of the bikes or group sets used.

Bike 1 new wilier izoard 6600 group set 2011 model so new old stock. Actually been told its a 2010 build. So if I'm right it's a lighter frame fork.

Bike 2. Used minimal ie bought and decided not interested in cycling? Pinarello fp3 campag veloce group set 2012 model

Bike 3. Brand new jamis xenith pro di2. Here's the problem. Guy won it as a prize and even though it's new in box warranty is void. Already spoke to distributor in Aus and jamis directly.

All are in a nice price range.

Just looking for feedback. Pros cons. I'm looking for a reliable ride that can tackle hills and can be upgraded to be somewhat lighter down the track. Thanks in advance.
50cal

by BNA » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:26 pm

BNA

Re: Looking at a new ride to buy.

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:26 pm

G'Day Fifty, welcome outside :)

Not sure about those bikes or your budget but I'd be seriously taking the wheelset into account. Still probably the best place to drop some weight.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby 50cal » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks bud. I will take that into account about wheels too. Now I'm told have a look at the Scott CR1. Lol so many choices. I'll work it out.
50cal

Postby 50cal » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 am

Got the izoard with ultegra. Looking forward for the ride tonight. :)
50cal

Return to Buying a bike / parts