advice on buying a Garmin

sblack

Re: advice on buying a Garmin

Postby sblack » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Marty Moose wrote:Have you ever tried to deal with garmin Australia in regards to wrnty ?
I have. Second hand Garmin screen went blank. Still under warranty, sent with a copy of the original purchaser's receipt and had a replacement unit within a week.

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm

sblack wrote:
Marty Moose wrote:Have you ever tried to deal with garmin Australia in regards to wrnty ?
I have. Second hand Garmin screen went blank. Still under warranty, sent with a copy of the original purchaser's receipt and had a replacement unit within a week.
Kudos that's cool :) What state are you in ??

MM

sblack

Postby sblack » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:24 pm

NSW

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Marty Moose wrote:
Have you ever tried to deal with garmin Australia in regards to wrnty ? They are useless I think you would be better off buying from overseas. I like my 800 but support and back up are crap, buy a premium hr strap and see how far you get when it fails and it will!! If you live in America its a different story.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
I have...
Sent my Edge 705 back as the small wand the rubber was splitting on it creating water entry point. 3 weeks for them to replace it! And then to boot my city navigator wouldn't work with it as it was another unit. Called them up and they couldn't understand what was going on. Call US Garmin and I was fixed in 5 mins....
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

oldnewby

Postby oldnewby » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:46 am

thanks again everyone, I went with the 200... found it for $129 at a lbs, it really came down to what I could & couldn't spend at the mo - wedding in 8 weeks, and honeymoon mid year!

Thanks all for the advice
"It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels"