Disk for Rohloff hub - BB7 compatable

RonK

Re: Disk for Rohloff hub - BB7 compatable

Postby RonK » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:22 pm

il padrone wrote:
rifraf wrote:Their 26" Zion Rohloff ticks a lot of boxes whilst on special for $678.24 at PlanetX :!:
Not sure how they fit a rear carrier though with the rear disk situated where it is.
It does have rack mounts apparently. :?
It is a MTB, with front suspension, at least according to the Van Nicholas site, not really a touring bike ???
rifraf wrote:They are doing the Pioneer for $813.90 on special currently.
I see Van Nic have created a 29er version now, but not currently mentioned at Planetx :(
Don't know where you are getting these amazing price deals :?: Van Nicholas list the Pioneer Rohloff at 3428 Euro :shock:
Aidan is refering to the frame price of course, sans fork. They were listed on Planet X, where I bought my Pioneer, but looks like they have all sold out now.

Still available on Fatbirds, but not at those prices.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

rifraf

Re: Disk for Rohloff hub - BB7 compatable

Postby rifraf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:30 pm

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FRV ... om_bracket" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
suggests stock in all sizes :? :shock:
Only one Zion left in my size of 19.5 for $678.24 + delivery :shock:
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FRV ... om_bracket" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I of course found planetx from a link Ronk offered ages ago when talking about his Pioneer build and sharing the love :D
Those prices certainly didnt make the choice of pressing the button on a frame purchase choice any easier.
Not perfect by anymeans in my book but the Ogres brake choices and 29'er wheels carried the day for an end to speculation and final decision.
It certainly wasnt competitive looking at frame technology or material. It did win most of its points on versatility although not particularly on being good at any
individual thing it can do.
Lucky for Surly that Moulton have made thier chain/seat stays narrower limiting further the tyre width or we probably wouldnt be having the Ogre conversation.
I'd have just bought a secondhand mountain bike for the amount of off road touring I want to do.
My 17 year old APB still ticks more boxes for me than most options. I'm unsure at this stage if I'm going to be able to keep two bikes due to my accommodation situation as it is. The upcoming months definitely wont be boring for me anyway.
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.