To many choices, Help please.

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

To many choices, Help please.

Postby Jonnyp101275 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi all, first post.
Im upgrading my bike as i'm doing more k's now. I have a few selected bikes and would appreciate your thoughts. There's a few....sorry.
*Avanti-Cadent ERII 2.....Quantam TDF
*Cannondale Supersix 5
*Colnago Ace
*Cube Agree GTC pro C....
*Felt F5
*Focus Cayon EVO 6.0
*Fuji Altamira 2.3....Gran Fondo 2.1
*Merida Scultura comp 905.....Ride carbon 95
*Scott Foil 40....CR1 Team
*Willier Izoard XP(2012)
* Norco Tactic 2
*Guerciotti Cartesio 105
All are carbon, with 105 or Ultegra and all around the same price. Sorry about the long list but there are just to many great bikes out there. Any advice would be great as I'm not long in the scene.
I'm 175cm about 78kg, I do about 30km twice a day about 3 days a week on good roads, with a few social rides about 60 to 80km that can get a bit competitive. I have tested about 4 of these and they all felt about the same so I was looking at looks and gear to make a decision. My top 4 would have to be Norco-Scott CR1-Merida or Cannondale.
Last edited by Jonnyp101275 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonnyp101275

by BNA » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm

BNA

Re: To many choices, Help please.

Postby nickdos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Mate, you're going to have to narrow it down if you want meaningful replies. Most of us research potential models with Google first and then narrow from there - e.g. based on frame geometry, components or simply price or looks. Also, you haven't told us what sort of riding you do, your age, where you want to take your riding (just fitness, racing, grand fondos, etc). So provide more info on yourself and reduce the list yourself first.
nickdos

Return to Buying a bike / parts