What should be my first bike?

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Postby Aushiker » Wed May 14, 2008 2:50 pm

miss min wrote: but when someone says I have only looked at Giants, the general response is yeah, yeah buy a giant. :roll:

Interesting I haven't seen much of that at all. It seems more like the response is that Giants are good value and so worth considering if they "sing to" as you put it. A different slant I would have thought.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

by BNA » Sat May 17, 2008 2:59 pm

BNA

Postby turban-elite » Sat May 17, 2008 2:59 pm

hi guys, been looking every where for bikes! I found these two on ebay, what do you guys think? woops, cant post links :S

So there is a Giant STP 0, and a XTC xtr. both for a grand. The STP rock shox Pike 409. and the XTC has rock shox Duke race. Both have avid juicy 5 brakes.
So would you guys say there alright? would you rather buy a new Giant Alias instead, or go with one of these. I'm ok with getting an STP as well because I don't do to much hill climbing.
turban-elite

Postby munga » Sat May 17, 2008 6:58 pm

sounds like you really like the STP so go for it. in three or four rides, as long as you dont stack it, you can probably turn it around without much of a loss and buy a more comfy bike :wink:
munga

Postby turban-elite » Sat May 17, 2008 7:08 pm

munga wrote:sounds like you really like the STP so go for it. in three or four rides, as long as you dont stack it, you can probably turn it around without much of a loss and buy a more comfy bike :wink:

haha, okay. I think I will try out the stp, but what about the Giant XTR? is that alright?
turban-elite

Postby Mulger bill » Sat May 17, 2008 8:25 pm

The XTC is Giants racing hardtail, light, fast and agile.
The STP is a street type bike, heavy, strong and agile.

Depends what you're looking for Turban, they're both great units as long as they haven't been beaten half to death by the previous owners.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Previous

Return to Buying a bike / parts