Boardman Team Carbon

loudaz

Boardman Team Carbon

Postby loudaz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:53 pm

G'day all. I'm in the market for a road bike (first one in 20 odd years). Wondering if someone could give me their thoughts on the Boardman Team Carbon? Seems like a good bike for the money. Darryl

MREJ

Re: Boardman Team Carbon

Postby MREJ » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:51 am

I think there was a review if that bike on BNA last year. Marcus
2016 S-Works Tarmac, 2014 Wabi Lightning SE, 2012 Felt F75, 2011 Genesis Equilibrium 20, ancient Avanti Pista track bike

loudaz

Postby loudaz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 am

There is one review relating to the slr 9.0 but nothing specifically relating to the team carbon.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:04 pm

I couldn't share much more on this actual bike than the specs though on the review bike last year we noted that the quality was there and the value. It was a little less generic than a Giant in that is had a bit more character and individuality - I personally found it to be a good climber but a little twitchy (admitedly the bike wasn't intended for me and was a frame size too small). What this all means is that where a Giant can be an alround pleasing bike - there are likely to be those who prefer the characteristics of the boardman and those who don't.

If that doesn't help much, what will help is that Boardman were recently signed up by the Aussie bike chain store Goldcross Cycles so are available instore as well as through their original partner Wiggle. I am assuming that they will be competitively priced in-store and allow customers to have look (maybe test ride?).
Cycling is in my BNA

Cmm

Postby Cmm » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:42 am

Goldcross have most boardman bikes within a couple of hundred dollars of the wiggle price so definitely worth a look considering ease of access if warranty issues or the like arise.