Getting right Sized bike

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Getting right Sized bike

Postby Daveinbronte » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 am

I Am looking at buying a Bianchi Zurigo Cyclcross bike and there is a size 55 then next one down is 52. The shop where i am buying it say the 55 is too big and that I need to go to the 52. All info I look at puts me at a 54 ( inside leg 31 1/2 inches, 5' 8 tall). I rode the 55 and loved it. I also had the very short ride on a 52 (it was raining and it was a customers bike) and it was too hard to tell. I figure the guys in the bike shop know what they are doing but i am feeling a little concerned that the 52 with the seat up high and the bars slightly tilted will still put me too high above the handlebars - I figure i need them to fit out the bike and fit it for me and i wont know until i have ridden it for a week or so. Their concern was that the larger frame over 30-60 min rides i would get more tired due to the stretch of my arms? Is there a definitive way to know from looking at bike geometry and knowing your own stats to feel confident that the bike is the right size?
Daveinbronte

by BNA » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am

BNA

Re: Getting right Sized bike

Postby Nobody » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am

Nobody

Postby jacks1071 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 pm

For your height I would recommend the 52. Its very simple to make a bike bigger if its a little small ie. longer stem.

Much harder to shrink something down if its too big without a lot of compromises.
Our Website is: http://www.pro-liteoz.com Find us on Facebook by searching for "Pro-Lite Australia"
jacks1071

Postby Daveinbronte » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 pm

well i bought the 52 and they set it up great its fantastic - why did i doubt their ability and professionalism!

Thanks for your comments

David
Daveinbronte

Postby nickdos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Great to hear it worked out. FWIW I'm very similar height/inseam to you and I ride a 52 with a 11cm stem. I got a professional fit after buying the bike and he suggested the longer stem.
nickdos

Return to Buying a bike / parts