Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 605
- Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 pm
I am looking at getting my first 29er i am not going to be smashing the hard trails just need a gentle mountain bike for dirt trails that i wont be taking the roadie on.
I have been impressed with Giant (with my last and current roadie) so will be sticking with them unless there is an extremely good deal.
As i am not after anything to full on i am trying to keep a tight budget and i am currently looking at either the Boulder 29er 0 or the Talon 29er 1.
Is the Talon really worth the extra $200?
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:18 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Posts: 13080
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
- Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
- Posts: 2294
- Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 am
- Location: Somewhere flat...
Cmm wrote:Is the Talon really worth the extra $200?
Yes. The Talon 1 has a better fork, better brakes, better drivetrain.
However, if you aren't really going MTB mad then I'd look seriously at the Roam 1 or Roam XR 2 as they'll handle pretty much any non-technical track or trail...and they are both well equipped for the money.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:39 pm
- Location: Brisbane
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.