Mudguard Advice

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Mudguard Advice

Postby timsmith » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:52 am

Hey Guys.

I am new to this forum. So hello Everyone. Hopefully I am creating this thread in the right section.

I have the following bike http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicycles ... /102111307

I decided to put some mudguards on the bike. So I took it to the LBS and they fitted it with a pair of generic mudguards. As they are a bike shop, I trusted that would do it properly or at least install a mudguard that is suitable for my bike.

The mudguards for the back wheel is fine. But the mudguard in the front sticks to the bike. I took it back the LBS and they said it will always partly touch the bike and I need to fiddle with it to get it right. The problem with that is, after I get it in the right position, riding it causes it to move and touch the wheels again and the bike does not ride smoothly.

I don't wanna take it back to the that LBS again and I will not be visiting that shop again for my cycling needs.

Any advice on what I should do?
timsmith

by BNA » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm

BNA

Re: Mudguard Advice

Postby twizzle » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm

How is it mounted?
I ride, therefore I am.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...
twizzle

Postby Pax » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:00 pm

timsmith wrote:. But the mudguard in the front sticks to the bike. I took it back the LBS and they said it will always partly touch the bike and I need to fiddle with it to get it right. The problem with that is, after I get it in the right position, riding it causes it to move and touch the wheels again and the bike does not ride smoothly.

I don't wanna take it back to the that LBS again and I will not be visiting that shop again for my cycling needs.

Any advice on what I should do?

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here.

Regarding advice, take it back to the same shop and tell them to fix it. Clearly the guards either don't suit the bike or are wrongly fitted. They are ripping you off, they need to take responsibility. Once that is fixed, THEN...never go back there again!

Hope you find a better LBS for your future needs
Pax

Postby timsmith » Fri May 03, 2013 10:47 am

I have taken off the mudguard for the time being and will take it to another LBS soon.

I just don't want to go back to the original LBS and have an argument.
timsmith

Return to Buying a bike / parts