Knog Nerd Cycle Computer

FLG

Knog Nerd Cycle Computer

Postby FLG » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:18 am

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a Knog Nerd Cycle Computer for my girlfriend's road bike, does anyone knows how it works ?

It looks nice and easy to use (and that's the most important aspect :P )

Thanks.

ohexploitable

Re: Knog Nerd Cycle Computer

Postby ohexploitable » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:58 pm

word of warning: it's not actually waterproof, first ride in the rain and i noticed condensation under the screen, stopped working a week later

otherwise i found it pretty good, the speed thing updates pretty slowly (compared to others) but it's no biggie. i had the nerd 12 which had lots of features and customisation whilst being very simple to use
I DIDN'T EAT FOR THREE DAYS SO I COULD BE LOVELY

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:33 pm

I have an earlier model when they were just released. Same as a normal cycling computer in terms of putting the (supplied) magnet on the spokes - ensuring you have the correct diamtre for accurate readings and the computer mounts easily on the stem or bars. The way that it scrolls to show speed is really cute... however you can't watch it the entire time while riding. I agree on the speed, there is a lag but it isn't a 'performance' type cycle computer either.

I guess the key thing is that it looks good / different. I like that it is also easy to remove and the display is also quite large if you are mainly after the speed reading.
Cycling is in my BNA

FLG

Postby FLG » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:20 pm

I agree, it looks good/different, I just got one for my partner, she doesn't ride when it's raining therefore we shouldn't have the waterproof issue - we'll see how it goes :)

Thanks!

recurveron

Postby recurveron » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 pm

I have 2 and find them both great for the job easy to use and light and unobtrusive. Have to get the sensor the right distance from the magnet and can move and not work if it gets knocked. But easy to use and take off when the bike is unattended