Oakley radar's vs Jawbones

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Oakley radar's vs Jawbones

Postby jamesn184 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Has anyone owned both and can give me a compare?
I own a pair of jawbones and are generally happy with them bar the fact that at high speeds I still get wind in my eyes...
I've had a general hunt around fleabay and have found a few for around $100 that look somewhat legit
jamesn184

by BNA » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:13 pm

BNA

Re: Oakley radar's vs Jawbones

Postby Shpox » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Radar's are fine, but you need to spend a few to get a few lenses. I use BBB Select which are practically identical, $100 and three lenses and cover the high brow well. I found the radars can give in a bit of light in at the top of the brow but the jawbones wont. You'll probably get more wind on the radars. Are you sure they're a good fit in the first place? I find most without an adjustable noise piece aren't too good. Jawbones will give you a complimentary City Beach look.
Shpox

Postby jamesn184 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:38 pm

When I bought the jawbones I tried on the Radar's and they felt fine.. reason why I got the jawbones in the first place was they were the last ones and were 50% off!
Id only pick up a pair of yellow lenses off ebay, have done the same with clear lenses for the jawbones and they have been fine
jamesn184

Postby HAKS » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I started with Jawbones, then went to Radars. Will never cycle in Jawbones again due to the smaller field of view. I much prefer the uninterrupted view with the radars (no frames). It was particularly noticeable when riding in traffic and checking over my shoulder for cars. With the Radars I don't have to turn as far. My jawbones are now my everyday glasses where Radars are cycling only.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)
HAKS

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:44 am

Hi James,

I have both. Went to Jawbones becausee the Radars (Path) didn't fit my face quite well enough (sat up a bit on the bottom of the lense and let the wind in).

I love them both for comfort, especially the jawbones and haven't experienced any vision or field of vision issues. I also like you can buy different lenses (photochromic) and spares like arm socks at quite a good price on ebay. Not legit parts but still very good.

I recently bought a pair of Radars with the "pitch" lense which suits me better so if you consider the Radars, try the different lenses.

Cheers
Stand on my dog I cut off your head
bianchi928

Postby vortex1018 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:27 pm

If you want minimal wind, you could always get wind jacket :P
vortex1018

Return to Buying a bike / parts