Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 371
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am
First world problems and would appreciate your collective opinions.
So I'm inviting you to help me spend my money.
I've just gone and pulled the trigger and upgraded my "workhorse" bike with a new fork and from the old sram red Groupset to the new 2013 10-speed edition, elevating it to my new/old 1st bike.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4 ... KoQ3JDdT_0
So far I'm super impressed with the performance of the new Red when I tested it on a mates bike, but not over the moon about its looks. I've already changed out the chain rings for some rotor Qrings. Trying to go for that satin black stealth look.
And now was considering what to do about brakes.
1. Pull the trigger on a set of black trp brakes - if so which ones? Trp 970sl?,
2. Swap the sram red/black calipers of my other bike, or
3. leave them as they are, and just run with the 2013 shinny aluminium sram brakes?
Ps- I'll preface this and admit to you all that even a rival or 105 groupset is more than sufficient for my kind of fair weather cafe riding. But just like Porsches and Ferraris, not all of them are raced, most are purely for aesthetic fulfilment. I like to think my bikes fit into this category.
...and my ego knows it.
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:38 am
I've got tektro brake levels on my bike and think they are fine. Some people have a problem with the brakes but I'd change the pads before I changed anything else.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.