Short knicks

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Short knicks

Postby find_bruce » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:01 pm

One of the , ahem, features of my physique is short legs. Pretty much every pair of knicks I have bought are too long in the legs & I have to roll them up to prevent rubbing around the back of my knee.

Anyone know of knicks that come with shorter legs for us height impaired folks ?
find_bruce

by BNA » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:06 pm

BNA

Re: Short knicks

Postby Venus62 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Have you considered women's knicks? They seem to come in a bigger range of leg lengths. And if you order online, no one need ever know... My husband stole a pair of my winter knicks and it doesn't seem to have damaged his masculinity.
Last edited by Venus62 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venus62

Postby find_bruce » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:35 pm

Thanks for the suggestion & for understanding other important considerations :)
find_bruce

Postby Rex » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Monton Cycling bibshorts are pretty short in the legs.
I'm 193cm so I need XL bibs, but they're definitely the shortest leg bibshorts I have, to the point where I prefer to wear compression socks over my quads so I don't look too silly!
Rex

Postby jamesn184 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Well unless you get a sex change it won't change the fact that women's Knicks are designed differently since they don't have the meat and 2 veg?
jamesn184

Postby Venus62 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:45 pm

jamesn184 wrote:Well unless you get a sex change it won't change the fact that women's Knicks are designed differently since they don't have the meat and 2 veg?

Really? I look at my husband's knicks, and look at mine, and see no difference at all. The stretchiness of the lycra takes care of the anatomical differences. As I said above, my husband uses a pair of my winter knicks and I can assure you he is built like a normal male. In what way do you think they are different?
Venus62

Postby find_bruce » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Well it's not a question of padding - every male I know does not sit on the boys - at least not twice :shock:

As for how Lycra fits the male anatomy, the strong of stomach can google "Polish cycling team" but do not under any circumstances post the image or a link here (1) what is seen cannot be unseen & (2) you will be justifiably banished
find_bruce

Postby Venus62 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:21 pm

find_bruce wrote:Well it's not a question of padding - every male I know does not sit on the boys - at least not twice :shock:

As for how Lycra fits the male anatomy, the strong of stomach can google "Polish cycling team" but do not under any circumstances post the image or a link here (1) what is seen cannot be unseen & (2) you will be justifiably banished

Haha! Yes, I've seen that photo. A strong case for thick black lycra.
Venus62

Postby jacks1071 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:15 pm

jamesn184 wrote:Well unless you get a sex change it won't change the fact that women's Knicks are designed differently since they don't have the meat and 2 veg?

Thats what the marketing department would have you believe.
Our Website is: http://www.pro-liteoz.com Find us on Facebook by searching for "Pro-Lite Australia"
jacks1071

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:27 pm

find_bruce wrote:... - every male I know does not sit on the boys - at least not twice :shock:

:lol: Steepest learning curve ever :wink:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Return to Buying a bike / parts