Tool pouch?

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Tool pouch?

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:40 pm

You can do some pretty cool things with some chopped up MTB tubes and a tube of shoe goo. Carry spare batteries for one...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

BNA

Postby JessicaAlba » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Xplora wrote:Rebilda, I'm of the same opinion. After my freakin' pump jumped out of my pocket TWICE on last Saturday's ride, I'm feeling that something needs to be done, but things near kidneys is a bad idea, always. I actually put my phone on the side pocket because if is smashes I don't want the bits near my spine :shock:

BTW, you're off your tits high as a kite if spending 70 bucks for something many people use a ziplock bag for seems like a good idea. Cheaper to pay your friends to carry your tools for you... I'm SURE that a 70 dollar doodad like that is a violation of The Rules.

There was time when I would spend $70 just to get off my tits and high as a kite...but the euphoria was temporary and the come down was never very pleasant.

Now I choose to spend MY money on things of my own choosing, which bring me a different kind of euphoria...even if it is a small leather cycle tool pouch. But thanks anyway for your financial advice.

Having said that, I must mention I had not considered the possible danger to various vital organs with wearing tools so close...
Felt F2/DuraAce/FSA/RS80s (with DA7850 hubs!)/MaxxisRe-fuse
JessicaAlba

Postby Xplora » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

We are a special breed , the cashed up road rider. Kit is pricey but that is just crazy lol if you wanted to buy the Rapha bag I reckon you could get a custom made bag.... But I think smartphones with data are too exxy too (avowed tightwad).

I like the MTb tube idea. Found a few online. Pretty schmick. Sounds like a plan. A cheap plan.
Xplora

Postby jimh » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:00 pm

jimh

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:16 pm

JessicaAlba wrote:Having said that, I must mention I had not considered the possible danger to various vital organs with wearing tools so close...

Having seen the result of landing on a fairly small multitool in a jersey pocket (MTB stack, handspan size black and blue patch dead centre on the spine) I carry nothing harder than a tube in my pockets.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Xplora » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
JessicaAlba wrote:Having said that, I must mention I had not considered the possible danger to various vital organs with wearing tools so close...

Having seen the result of landing on a fairly small multitool in a jersey pocket (MTB stack, handspan size black and blue patch dead centre on the spine) I carry nothing harder than a tube in my pockets.

Playing in the mud has its problems :P
Xplora

Postby jaseyjase » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:35 pm

jaseyjase

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Xplora wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:

Playing in the mud has its problems :P

True, imagine the ouchiness of same from landing on bitumen... :shock:
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Xplora » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Debatable. No one was impressed by my scar tissue from one stack at all. Only recent comment was by Steve Hogg of all people. I am not sure I want to impress someone who has been dealing with riders for 20 years with my scars. Makes me wonder if it was a bigger deal than I thought? :roll:
Xplora

Previous

Return to Buying a bike / parts