Recent Cycling Express experiences?

garthmci

Recent Cycling Express experiences?

Postby garthmci » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi All,

Have just ordered a few things from Cycling Express last night and only thought to search for a few reviews of them today.

Found wildly varying reviews here:
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/cycling-express" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most of the more recent ones seem pretty positive, but going back even a couple of month there's a few shockers in there!

As I said, only put my order in last night (Only $200 worth of bits and bobs) so haven't got any comment to make myself yet.

Just curious how others have been going lately?

Cheers,

slian

Re: Recent Cycling Express experiences?

Postby slian » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:33 pm

I had relatively positive experience from 2 orders since their relaunch. Delivery took less or about a week, including one order placed on Sunday and arrived today, Thursday.

Only thing was the oversea transaction fee charged by my credit card provider as the new ownership structure seems to be based in HK and order fulfillment out of Taiwan. This put it in the same boat as other overseas websites such as Wiggle et. al., something to be taken into consideration when calculating the overall cost.

garthmci

Postby garthmci » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Cheers for that, will have to keep an eye on the bank statement. Good to hear they're turning the orders around quickly :)

CoffsGal

Postby CoffsGal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Have had 3 orders from CE over the last few weeks and all arrived in 5 working days to regional NSW.
No emails received to advise of order/shipping status and all items shipped from Taiwan via TNT.
No overseas credit card surcharge on my Visa.

Slvr32gtr

Postby Slvr32gtr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:29 pm

slian wrote:Only thing was the oversea transaction fee charged by my credit card provider as the new ownership structure seems to be based in HK and order fulfillment out of Taiwan. This put it in the same boat as other overseas websites such as Wiggle et. al., something to be taken into consideration when calculating the overall cost.
You shouldnt be getting charged a foreign transaction fee? Its still being charged in Australian dollars so there shouldnt be a problem. Same with Wiggle/PBK etc, they run through Aussie portal sites and charge in AUD so no foreign currency charges.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:36 pm

My recent order took a couple of days delivered by TNT from Taiwan. Much faster than their old Melb. based business. Quite happy with them.

slian

Postby slian » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:34 pm

Slvr32gtr wrote:
slian wrote:Only thing was the oversea transaction fee charged by my credit card provider as the new ownership structure seems to be based in HK and order fulfillment out of Taiwan. This put it in the same boat as other overseas websites such as Wiggle et. al., something to be taken into consideration when calculating the overall cost.
You shouldnt be getting charged a foreign transaction fee? Its still being charged in Australian dollars so there shouldnt be a problem. Same with Wiggle/PBK etc, they run through Aussie portal sites and charge in AUD so no foreign currency charges.
It could be specific to my card provider. I've been charged similar fee for orders with Wiggle, PBK, Rapha etc.

Tornado

Postby Tornado » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:14 pm

My order was shipped on the 10th of Sept. Today is the 21st. Still waiting ....

2015 Specialized Tarmac
2012 Avanti Giro3

takai

Postby takai » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:35 pm

slian wrote:
Slvr32gtr wrote:
It could be specific to my card provider. I've been charged similar fee for orders with Wiggle, PBK, Rapha etc.
Get a 28Degrees Mastercard. I have one just for overseas purchasing as they dont charge an international transaction surcharge.