Popular Bike Shops
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:45 pm
I currently have a gravel bike with 105 + bb7 and a dually 29er 100mm both ends. In a fortnight, I generally do 8 days commuting, 2 30km road ride, 1 50km road ride, 1 single track ride (half day). What should I get next?
1. Quit this crap and just save your pennies, that's the problem with this generation.
2. Carbonise the existing bikes and get your weight weenie on!
3. Get a real road bike fool. Disc are and always will be crap. Settle for nothing less than Di2. and invest in a scale.
4. Grow the beard and get a steel fixie. Keep the rest of the money for when you inevitably crash or destroy your knee cartilage.
5. Relapse back into the belt drive craze (I used to own one).
6. 100mm only? Call yourself a mountain biker? Get on a 26er and make sure you have 6 inches in the rear!
7. Roadies are for pussies, get some ego on and stump up for a Tri bike, matching team kit and be an ass on beach road.
8. Gravel bikes? What the heck is that? It's called cross. Make sure to leave enough money to replace the BB every week.
9. Bigger is better. Monster over small kids during school drop off hours. Get fat, once again more inches is better.
10. Smaller is better. Trials anyone?
In all seriousness, very soon I will have the room and cash for n+1. And no, I will not sell/trade any of my current bikes. What would you do.
Kona Hei Hei
- Posts: 2691
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:50 pm
- Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs, Victoria
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: wicksey
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.