Cheap Jerseys

TimW

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby TimW » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:35 am

Stand corrected, upon checking it looks like my pacjage is on it's way

liamb

Postby liamb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 pm

I'm waiting to hear reports from TimW, liamb and hitch before I do...

Hoping for the best though. Still trying to decide whether to get an ironic polka dot (in XXL) or the Magnus Maximus.

Cameron

Hi All
Got my package today from MUPi. Had a typo error with my tracking code so I couldnt track it but I went the China Air option for postage and got the package in 18 days so it was within the quoted delivery time. The kits I got are listed below and IMHO thay are fantastic. I am 168cm tall slim build 64kg on a bad day. The mediums fit me really well. The jersey's are tight but not uncomfortable (the Magnus arm bands are a bit tight but I did go to the gym tonight, though I am not a big muscled person). The bib shorts fit perfect in all areas with great chamios in all. All of the kits are slightly different in fit but it is not noticable after a few mins. Will ride test on the weekend and a spin class tomorrow. First impressions are all good

Bill

2010 Team Rock Racing Cross Cycling Bib Shorts
Shorts Size medium
2010 Team Rock Racing Cycling Jersey 006
Jersey Size medium
2010 Team Magnus Maximus Coffee Cycling Jersey and Bib Shorts
Jersey Size medium
Shorts Size medium
2010 Team Subaru Cycling Jersey and Bib Shorts White
Jersey Size medium
Shorts Size medium
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!

grt046

Postby grt046 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:12 am

grt046 wrote:I took the punt today and ordered a Jersey from MUPI. Hope Christmas doesn't slow things down too much :roll:
Ordered: 1410hrs on 29th Nov
Despatch Advice received: 0023hrs this morning.
EMS Tracking indicates order left sorting centre at HEFEI at 2300hrs on 30th Nov.

Happy with that.
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)

hitch

Postby hitch » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:40 am

grt046 wrote:Ordered: 1410hrs on 29th Nov
EMS Tracking indicates order left sorting centre at HEFEI at 2300hrs on 30th Nov.
Happy with that.
Hmmm... might have to chase mine up I ordered on the 23rd, got tracking advice a few days later and since then nothing has been updated. When I click on Track my Order, it shows the shipment number, ems number and no shipping details.

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:43 am

Is this thread about jersey prices or MUPI tracking? :shock:

grt046

Postby grt046 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:18 am

The Womble wrote:Is this thread about jersey prices or MUPI tracking? :shock:
I would consider the thread about Cheap Jerseys - the complete experience. This would include price, delivery including tracking, quality, fit etc. In my opinion it is definately not just about price.

liamb

Postby liamb » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:18 am

went for a ride last night with the Rock Star kit on and it was really comfy. The Chamios is wider than my other gear but it is a non issue as within 5 min I had forgotten it. I did a 20min climb some downhill and flat riding and everything felt great. It was hot and the sweat seemed to get away from the skin and there was no uncomfortable rubbing anywhere. Cant wait for a 3 hour ride to see how they go.

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!

TimW

Postby TimW » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:29 pm

grt046 wrote:
The Womble wrote:Is this thread about jersey prices or MUPI tracking? :shock:
I would consider the thread about Cheap Jerseys - the complete experience. This would include price, delivery including tracking, quality, fit etc. In my opinion it is definately not just about price.

Ok finishing off the complete experience, My Jersey and wind vest arrived today. Good product, I should have gone up one size on the jersey but it still fits, and the vest is great, so Having now seen the product and knowing that eventually, you can track it properly I will order from MUPI again.Regards Tim

steve_hobart

Postby steve_hobart » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:26 pm

very happy with my Mupi purchase (bib + jersey)

Quick delivery (10 days), nice quality, fits well , good price.

Will buy there again.

Steve

Matt72

Postby Matt72 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 am

I have only read the last 3 pages of this thread and just wanted to check to see if anyone actually thought the Mupi stuff was genuine or do they realise that it is all knock off stuff?

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:33 am

Matt72 wrote:I have only read the last 3 pages of this thread and just wanted to check to see if anyone actually thought the Mupi stuff was genuine or do they realise that it is all knock off stuff?
I think the original post here: http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 00#p493544 that started it all explains it.

Matt72

Postby Matt72 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:57 am

thomashouseman wrote:
Matt72 wrote:I have only read the last 3 pages of this thread and just wanted to check to see if anyone actually thought the Mupi stuff was genuine or do they realise that it is all knock off stuff?
I think the original post here: http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 00#p493544 that started it all explains it.
Thanks Thomas.

Matt72

Postby Matt72 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:05 am

I am wondering if anyone can direct me towards a place to get plain cycling jerseys?
I quite like this one http://www.this link is broken/au/dhb-finchdea ... ng-jersey/ just wondering if anybody has seen anything similar elsewhere.

hitch

Postby hitch » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:57 pm

re: my previous posts, I contacted MUPI through their site on Friday during the day and asked what was happening with my order, and got a prompt response indicating it had "reached its destination" - when I got home there was a mail drop card in the mail box. I picked up the package this morning, and while I haven't ridden in the kit, I'm quite happy with the look and feel - have tried one set on, and the XL seems to be ok - maybe a tiny bit more room in the crotch in the bibs, but I suspect the L would be too tight, so not concerned there. The PI jersey I got does feel a bit different in material to the legit PI jersey I bought a while ago, but looks the same.

Note that the "Track your order" section of the MUPI site was only ever updated with the EMS tracking number, but no further information about where the items were - not sure if I'm missing something there, but all worked out well in the end.

Will update again after I've ridden with the gear.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

hitch wrote: Note that the "Track your order" section of the MUPI site was only ever updated with the EMS tracking number, but no further information about where the items were - not sure if I'm missing something there, but all worked out well in the end.
Hitch, you needed to go to: http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryActio ... otoSearchE and put in your tracking code number there.

grt046

Postby grt046 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:30 pm

grt046 wrote:
grt046 wrote:I took the punt today and ordered a Jersey from MUPI. Hope Christmas doesn't slow things down too much :roll:
Ordered: 1410hrs on 29th Nov

Happy with that.
Jersey delivered this morning a few hours short of 7 calendar days ..... perfect :D

I am 1.7m tall weighing 65kg and ordered a medium. Jersey is a firm fit similar to other jerseys I have and cannot be faulted except for a spelling error on the tag .... but that is getting super picky.

They have won me for future orders.

hitch

Postby hitch » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:42 pm

thomashouseman wrote:
hitch wrote: Note that the "Track your order" section of the MUPI site was only ever updated with the EMS tracking number, but no further information about where the items were - not sure if I'm missing something there, but all worked out well in the end.
Hitch, you needed to go to: http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryActio ... otoSearchE and put in your tracking code number there.

And there the details are :) I thought it would be something like that, but didn't bother looking into it. All in all, a good shopping experience (and the price can't be beaten).

number21

Postby number21 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:19 am

grt046 wrote:
I am 1.7m tall weighing 65kg and ordered a medium. Jersey is a firm fit similar to other jerseys I have and cannot be faulted except for a spelling error on the tag .... but that is getting super picky.
Dang, I'm about 175cm and 64kg and I just ordered a small jersey medium bib. Maybe I should see if I can get a late minute swap on the jersey...

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:10 am

Matt72 wrote:I am wondering if anyone can direct me towards a place to get plain cycling jerseys?
I quite like this one http://www.this link is broken/au/dhb-finchdea ... ng-jersey/ just wondering if anybody has seen anything similar elsewhere.
I got some plain ones from http://abcoutlets.com.au/shop/

Uno brand, quite cheap, good quality and fit. I've gone over to the dark side, however, and prefer my rabobank or livestrong jerseys now.

David

snark

Postby snark » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:39 am

Matt72 wrote:I am wondering if anyone can direct me towards a place to get plain cycling jerseys?
K-Mart usually have some plainish red/yellow/blue Diadora jerseys. I've got a few, but it's probably been a year or so since I've got some. They're on special for about $25 every now and then.

Cheers,
Simon.
Phil Liggett, TdF 2011, Alpe-d'Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow."

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:06 am

Hi

PBK have good prices on Pearl Izumi jerseys at the moment; around $55.00.

and a Craft jersey for $45.00

Andrew

Rusho

Postby Rusho » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:58 pm

I got my BMC jersey and knicks from samewood today. They are a really great fit and the quality is pretty good. I would definately buy from them again

Sydguy

Postby Sydguy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 pm

Anaconda - the sport/adventure chain have some VERY plain jerseys I think their brand is Fluid.

They had sort sleeve basic down to $20 last weekend - unsure how long the sale is on for.

Sizing was the problem - the nicer looking ones had no mediums left so I did not buy.

I think some of them are listed on their website. Hope this was not mentioned earlier in this thread... only read a few pages ;)

BigVin

Postby BigVin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Got my new kits today - excellent job. This is my 3rd order from Mupi and they always arrive within a week.
10/10.
Forza Basso - Vincere per noi!

dobby

Postby dobby » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Is there anything that "gives away" the jerseys as knockoffs? Ie misspelt words on the jerseys themselves or similar?

What I am getting at is are they noticeable as knockoffs?