Cheap Jerseys

warthog1

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby warthog1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Are there any places that sell cheap, non-team, jerseys? After something pretty low key.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 pm

How is the winter gear from Monton, does it keep you warm?
Would it be REAL thermal or just some cheap gimmick.

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:34 pm

I noticed the Monton Site has been down for some days now, :roll:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:52 pm

warthog1 wrote:Are there any places that sell cheap, non-team, jerseys? After something pretty low key.
have a look at http://www.abcoutlets.com.au/shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Thanks Jason

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 am

kunalraiker wrote:How is the winter gear from Monton, does it keep you warm?
I wore my thermal Monton jersey this morning on my ride. Temp was around 12 degrees and I was comfortable. They aren't really good enough for real winter though it depends where you live and how cold it gets. It gets down into the minuses regularlly during winter here in Canberra. They are more an autumn or spring garment. Price is right though and quality (apart from not being warm enough) is as good IMO as other brand name jerseys that I have that cost 2 or 3 times the price. Only real gripe I have with the Monton jerseys is that the rear pockets seem a bit high and can make it awkard to get food or other items out while on the move.

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 am

Ross wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:How is the winter gear from Monton, does it keep you warm?
I wore my thermal Monton jersey this morning on my ride. Temp was around 12 degrees and I was comfortable. They aren't really good enough for real winter though it depends where you live and how cold it gets. It gets down into the minuses regularlly during winter here in Canberra. They are more an autumn or spring garment. Price is right though and quality (apart from not being warm enough) is as good IMO as other brand name jerseys that I have that cost 2 or 3 times the price. Only real gripe I have with the Monton jerseys is that the rear pockets seem a bit high and can make it awkard to get food or other items out while on the move.
Thanks Mate, appreciate your feedback.
I'am in Melbourne and the lows would probably be 8-10 C in the morning.
I think that should be ok?

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 pm

It depends on what level of intensity you ride at. If you just roll along then you may get cold. If you hammer it trying to get Strava KOMs or win the Commuter Cup :roll: then you should be ok.

Yesterday was about 6 degrees and I wore a Monton thermal jersey and I was fine but I was doing hill reps and was working pretty hard so din't notice the temp though my feet were getting slightly cold. Today was warmer and I did a hilly loop of just under 50km and wearing the same jersey I was again fine, actually a little warm at times. Yoou can always wear a summer jersey or thermal base layer underneath.

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:08 pm

My Monton Jersey and Bib came in yesterday, like the bib really nice but the Jersey has some cubes texture, would've liked it to be plain like the bib.
Everyone here who've purchased from Monton have the same ?

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:13 pm

kunalraiker wrote:My Monton Jersey and Bib came in yesterday, like the bib really nice but the Jersey has some cubes texture, would've liked it to be plain like the bib.
Everyone here who've purchased from Monton have the same ?

Can anyone confirm this please ?

boss

Postby boss » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 am

I don't think anyone has any idea what you're talking about... a close up photo or more detailed description may assist.

My monton kit (all trek team stuff) isn't made of cubes. Sure the jersey is a different texture from compression lycra or sublimated lycra but that's normal. Same as any other kit I've bought.

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 am

boss wrote:
My monton kit (all trek team stuff) isn't made of cubes. Sure the jersey is a different texture from compression lycra or sublimated lycra but that's normal. Same as any other kit I've bought.
I think you got my point, but I see guys riding with lycra team jersey and shorts which are complete compression sets and look cool :)
Why are the monton jerseys different ?

boss

Postby boss » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:36 am

kunalraiker wrote:
boss wrote:
I think you got my point, but I see guys riding with lycra team jersey and shorts which are complete compression sets and look cool :)
I haven't noticed that. But if there is a difference it's probably because Monton stuff costs $60 for complete kit instead of $300+.

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 am

kunalraiker wrote:
boss wrote:
Because they are fakes.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 am

boss wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:
boss wrote:
I haven't noticed that. But if there is a difference it's probably because Monton stuff costs $60 for complete kit instead of $300+.

Yeah, but how hard is it to make the jersey from the same material as the bibs or shorts?
It might even be cheaper.

I find it strange that you haven't noticed it.
I might take some photos later today so you know what I'am talking about.

boss

Postby boss » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Most cheaper or low-run jerseys aren't made of compression material. Maybe because compression stuff isn't as comfortable, who knows.

I know sublimated lycra is never 'true-black'. It's always a darker shade of grey and that might influence the decision.

Either way, kit is kit at $60 for shorts+jersey and you can't really complain if the shorts are even moderately comfortable.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:02 pm

rdwaltonut wrote:I found this website whilst looking for cycling gear and felt that it looked too good to be true. Has anyone ever heard of it or know if it is real?
http://emfraa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just thought I'd throw this in here too.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi,
If you are after cheap Jersey's or anything else related to cycling as long as you don't mind it being from the Chinese manufacturers this site has everything.

Edit: for some reason the site I posted isn't allowed. Not sure I know why. But the site is called alliedexpress which looks like just a wholesale sellers site.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:27 pm

ozzymac wrote:Hi,
If you are after cheap Jersey's or anything else related to cycling as long as you don't mind it being from the Chinese manufacturers this site has everything.

Edit: for some reason the site I posted isn't allowed. Not sure I know why. But the site is called alliedexpress which looks like just a wholesale sellers site.

Cheers

Alliedexpress is a courier site.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:48 pm

It was close.... Aliexpress is the right name.

Cheers

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:04 am

Montons new address http://www.cyclingmonton.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 am

bardygrub wrote:Montons new address http://www.cyclingmonton.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just a heads up - my browser warns of a virus threat accessing that URL.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:01 am

bardygrub wrote:Montons new address http://www.cyclingmonton.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How are the montons for melbourne winters, has anyone tried them during our last winter ?

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 pm

I brought a set off cycling motion and went one size bigger, based on feedback. I'm finding them a little too big. I'll try another set in my usual ordered size. Is there any interesting sets that aren't team kit?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:34 am

mikesbytes wrote:I brought a set off cycling motion and went one size bigger, based on feedback. I'm finding them a little too big. I'll try another set in my usual ordered size. Is there any interesting sets that aren't team kit?
on the left hand side down the bottom of main page it has all the teams, click other and you will find non team kits, also click on monton in the same section.