Cheap Jerseys

kunalraiker

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby kunalraiker » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:58 pm

What way does one become a VIP member on Cycling Monton.

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 am

I think you just sign up. I haven't bothered as I don't buy that much from them and their prices are pretty cheap anyway but I'm mostly concerned about privacy issues and spam. /tinfoilhat

Bakks

Postby Bakks » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:13 am

I wanted to order more from Monton so challenged them about their despatch times. They stated 15 to 20 days, even on the items their website states will be despatched within 24 hours.

boss

Postby boss » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

Bakks wrote:I wanted to order more from Monton so challenged them about their despatch times. They stated 15 to 20 days, even on the items their website states will be despatched within 24 hours.
I have a feeling they make to order a lot of their kit and don't hold much stock.

theunknowncomic

Postby theunknowncomic » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:18 pm

boss wrote:You just need to hassle them early about it, it speeds up the time taken to get the gear in the mail.

And yes I second the value for money comments. I like my monton kit a lot, comfortable enough for over 100km. Can't say the same for other kit I've paid a fair bit more for!
Seems to be a lot of jersey for the money, but a) it's taken 6 weeks to get here when I paid for 4 days delivery, and b) it's not actually the jersey I ordered. It also seems very small - XXL seems to have very short arms.

Rex

Postby Rex » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Wore my bib/jersey kit (XL/L) I received from Monton last week for the first time today.
Over the moon with their comfort and fit.

However the chamois is a bit thin so I won't be wearing into the hills.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:50 pm

Bakks wrote:I wanted to order more from Monton so challenged them about their despatch times. They stated 15 to 20 days, even on the items their website states will be despatched within 24 hours.
Try samewood then? Same gear but seem a little more prompt...

slamtheman

Postby slamtheman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Bakks wrote:
theunknowncomic wrote:Feedback on a Monton shopping experience:

1. After reading advice here selected the Singa Post option in order tog et it this side of Christmas 2013
2. After four weeks and no package, emailed Monton to find out what happened
3. Received confusingly worded Chinglish email telling em I should be looking at the Singa Post website for tracking - Singa Post showed no such parcel existed
4. Waited 48 hours: Abracadabra, package magically appears - posted the day before and 24 hours after I sent the hurry up.
5. Complain to Monton about paying extra for fast shipping only to have them forget about the order until I moaned - "why you complain to me? Check Singa post"

Still no sign of the jersey over a week later. Good luck to youse that are going that way, don't think i'll be using them again.
I had the same thing happen to me. First order late last year was fine, arrived in about ten days. This time around it took two months.

They said they sent them and gave me an incorrect tracking number. I ended up lodging a PayPal dispute and only then were they sent.
Seems to be a pattern here, exactly the same thing is happening to me. I ordered a few kits in February, left if 3 weeks then emailed. They sent me link and tracking number repeatedly, completely useless. 6 emails and 8 weeks later, still nothing arrived. Anyway I logged a dispute with paypal and won my case so got a refund. I wonder if the kit will ever turn up. (and if it does whats the moral thing to do?)

boss

Postby boss » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 pm

slamtheman wrote:
Bakks wrote:
theunknowncomic wrote:Feedback on a Monton shopping experience:

1. After reading advice here selected the Singa Post option in order tog et it this side of Christmas 2013
2. After four weeks and no package, emailed Monton to find out what happened
3. Received confusingly worded Chinglish email telling em I should be looking at the Singa Post website for tracking - Singa Post showed no such parcel existed
4. Waited 48 hours: Abracadabra, package magically appears - posted the day before and 24 hours after I sent the hurry up.
5. Complain to Monton about paying extra for fast shipping only to have them forget about the order until I moaned - "why you complain to me? Check Singa post"

Still no sign of the jersey over a week later. Good luck to youse that are going that way, don't think i'll be using them again.
I had the same thing happen to me. First order late last year was fine, arrived in about ten days. This time around it took two months.

They said they sent them and gave me an incorrect tracking number. I ended up lodging a PayPal dispute and only then were they sent.
Seems to be a pattern here, exactly the same thing is happening to me. I ordered a few kits in February, left if 3 weeks then emailed. They sent me link and tracking number repeatedly, completely useless. 6 emails and 8 weeks later, still nothing arrived. Anyway I logged a dispute with paypal and won my case so got a refund. I wonder if the kit will ever turn up. (and if it does whats the moral thing to do?)
Nothing will turn up, trust me.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 pm

I've purchased these

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/227548740.html

They have been dispatched in a couple of days of ordering. Shall see how long it takes to post
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed May 01, 2013 3:53 am

Seems samewood has bitten the dust in a big way lol

Samewood.com

boss

Postby boss » Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 am

^^^^ Never seen that, I'm kinda stoked haha

If they're able to that, I'm surprised it took so long really.

barefoot

Postby barefoot » Wed May 01, 2013 11:06 am

boss wrote:^^^^ Never seen that, I'm kinda stoked haha

If they're able to that, I'm surprised it took so long really.
US authorities would only have the ability to touch parts of the business that are in the USA.

I expect the total extent of Samewood's business activities in the USA would be their domain registration. So the domain appears to have been siezed.

I expect they'll be back very soon... with a different domain... registered through a business that is not in the USA.

tim

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Wed May 01, 2013 1:10 pm

I can vouch for these guys...

http://www.love2pedal.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Wed May 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Cycling Monton is GONE??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I need to order thermal jerseys, what do I do now :(

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed May 01, 2013 1:41 pm

mupi...

Bakks

Postby Bakks » Wed May 01, 2013 2:02 pm

kunalraiker wrote:Cycling Monton is GONE??

Nah its moved - http://www.bicycling-monton.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are the thermal jerseys any good? I just use short sleeve jersey plus arm warmers plus an undershirt if need be. Means I can use my jerseys all year round.

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Wed May 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Bakks wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:Cycling Monton is GONE??

Nah its moved - http://www.bicycling-monton.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are the thermal jerseys any good? I just use short sleeve jersey plus arm warmers plus an undershirt if need be. Means I can use my jerseys all year round.

The thermal jerseys are awesome, no need for the extra warmers or under-shirts.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:46 pm

How is the sizing on them?
I had to throw my Monton biblongs out. The length was fine but everything else was way out. Unusable. :x
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed May 01, 2013 7:58 pm

warthog1 wrote:How is the sizing on them?
I had to throw my Monton biblongs out. The length was fine but everything else was way out. Unusable. :x
Be careful of any Chinese bibs or longs in winter if u run a white saddle. On real wet rides the black dye bleeds into your white saddle, making it a permanent dirty grey color....

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:
warthog1 wrote:How is the sizing on them?
Be careful of any Chinese bibs or longs in winter if u run a white saddle. On real wet rides the black dye bleeds into your white saddle, making it a permanent dirty grey color....

Monton ones have been fine, I have a white saddle and have ridden in the rain multiple times.

No stains here.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu May 02, 2013 9:17 am

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/f ... ear-37212/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

barefoot

Postby barefoot » Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 am

TFA wrote:Fake bike kit costing industry millions a year
That's nonsense.

They're making the ridiculous assumption that somebody who buys a $35 fake brand-name jersey from Monton would otherwise have bought a $200 genuine brand-name jersey.

As a Monton customer, I'm shopping for $35 jerseys. I'm never, ever going to buy a $200 jersey. If Monton didn't have $35 fakes, I'd buy a $35 plain jersey from them.

Personally, I don't like overtly branded cycling kits of any kind - genuine or fake - and the one fake kit I have, I bought because I couldn't find much else for the price. Now I know better where to look, and I'm tending to buy own-branded or un-branded kits from the Monton/Mupi/etc. suppliers as discussed at length in this thread.

If I was ever to buy a Chinerello frame - or whatever - it would be because I was shopping for a $500 frame, and was never going to buy a genuine high-end frame. Again, the fake branded stuff is competing against the plain carbon non-branded stuff.

I accept that the fakes do actually cost the brands - but only through devaluing the brand. I'm sure there are people who are turned off from buying high-end brands simply because there's so many fakes out there and people might think their authentic product is a fake. I know that whenever I see somebody in team kit, I assume it's fake. Somebody buying high-end for the image and perception would be turned off by the lack of exclusivity. These are the lost sales that cost the brand... a distinctly different (and much smaller) group than those who are actually buying the fakes.

Just like how if I see somebody wearing a Rolex watch I assume it came from the Bangkok night markets... it barely occurs to me that it could be genuine. I'm sure there are people who have decided against buying a Rolex status-symbol just because they don't want people assuming it's a $20 knock-off.

tim

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Thu May 02, 2013 11:53 am

barefoot wrote:
TFA wrote:Fake bike kit costing industry millions a year
That's nonsense.

They're making the ridiculous assumption that somebody who buys a $35 fake brand-name jersey from Monton would otherwise have bought a $200 genuine brand-name jersey.

As a Monton customer, I'm shopping for $35 jerseys. I'm never, ever going to buy a $200 jersey. If Monton didn't have $35 fakes, I'd buy a $35 plain jersey from them.

Personally, I don't like overtly branded cycling kits of any kind - genuine or fake - and the one fake kit I have, I bought because I couldn't find much else for the price. Now I know better where to look, and I'm tending to buy own-branded or un-branded kits from the Monton/Mupi/etc. suppliers as discussed at length in this thread.

If I was ever to buy a Chinerello frame - or whatever - it would be because I was shopping for a $500 frame, and was never going to buy a genuine high-end frame. Again, the fake branded stuff is competing against the plain carbon non-branded stuff.

I accept that the fakes do actually cost the brands - but only through devaluing the brand. I'm sure there are people who are turned off from buying high-end brands simply because there's so many fakes out there and people might think their authentic product is a fake. I know that whenever I see somebody in team kit, I assume it's fake. Somebody buying high-end for the image and perception would be turned off by the lack of exclusivity. These are the lost sales that cost the brand... a distinctly different (and much smaller) group than those who are actually buying the fakes.

Just like how if I see somebody wearing a Rolex watch I assume it came from the Bangkok night markets... it barely occurs to me that it could be genuine. I'm sure there are people who have decided against buying a Rolex status-symbol just because they don't want people assuming it's a $20 knock-off.

tim
That's a nice post mate,I totally agree with you on this, I like Monton kits and will always buy them for the price.

boss

Postby boss » Thu May 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Agree with the above remarks, someone who is buying Monton gear is unlikely to buy the legit stuff at full price.

If anything, wearing a fake sky/specialized/trek/etc/etc/etc jersey just gives the brand free publicity.

For the more exclusive brands, yep, agree, it detracts from their aura. But I don't know how much - personally I'd rock a genuine Rolex if I had the cash to throw around. Having said that, my watch is a legit but much cheaper item from Nixon :D

But for the more mainstream brands - it just means someone that would probably wear basic stuff or a cheap shop jersey is now wearing branded kit.

Still probably not an ideal outcome for the industry, but the impact is definitely overstated.