Cheap Jerseys

Fresh

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Fresh » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Ordered with Mupi on the 26th March, after a week with no shipping confirmation I emailed them and asked for info. They've advised me they wont be shipping until the 16th April as they're "upgrading their production line."

So it'll probably be 4 weeks until I receive the order...

coffeeandwine

Postby coffeeandwine » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks Crowella, i've been keeping an eye out for news of your kits arrival. (I also want to organise a custom kit).

Sounds like you are quite happy with it. will get back to the design!!! :)

cheers
PS does anyone know what colours look slimming? :lol:
Merida 903 from the LBS; Diesel engine

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Have been waiting for a response from Mupi for a week now and nothing, anyone else heard from then?

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Crawf wrote:Have been waiting for a response from Mupi for a week now and nothing, anyone else heard from then?
I got a reply a week later telling me my order will be about a month away.

norbs

Postby norbs » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm

I grabbed a couple of the customs jerseys from cyclingexpress when they first announced them.

Arrived today. So bad it is laughable.

Sizing is way off. They fit me like a skin suit despite being a 2XL. I measured myself at 52cm across the chest from pit to pit. That is apparently a large. Got a 2XL to be on the safe side and it is still to small.

One of the 2 has a black burn mark on the back.

The QR code that I put on the sleeve goes to some other website. :shock: A website that does custom jerseys! Hmmm, that seems a bit sus to me. http://wildoo.co.uk

The zips stick like bastards, even when I am not trying to squeeze into it.

And the jersey.

Lets see how the email I sent back goes. :D

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:53 pm

I have just spoken to Sam at cyclingexpress and he sounds like he is willing to help me out. Fingers crossed.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Norbs, let us know how you went

how much did your jersey cost? What was the delivery time? What was the design too like?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:57 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Norbs, let us know how you went

how much did your jersey cost? What was the delivery time? What was the design too like?

The jerseys cost $49 as a intro special a while back.

Delivery time was about 3 weeks from confirmation of design.

The design was based on my cycling blog. I had a mate tweak it a little. The colours are pretty close to what I was hoping for, the blue may be a little light.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Cheap Jerseys

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:31 am

Sorry typo in my post, what was the design tool like?

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:17 am

mikesbytes wrote:Sorry typo in my post, what was the design tool like?

They just sent me a PDF. When pushed, they also sent me a PSD file. That was why I had to get my design buddy involved. I know jack about Photoshop. :)

Parrott

Postby Parrott » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 pm

just orderred some of these and these. I'll post how they go and how long they take to get here. Hope its not too long, I am freezing already, winter has started here early.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:47 pm

I got my Mupi order last week. The quality of the jerseys is good, but the sizing is just off. I fit into and ordered the XL, so I ordered the right size, but it is how they design the sizes...

The arm width of the XL is far too narrow, who has Ethiopian arms in an XL? And the chest is FAR too large. Its as if they fitted the jersey to a champion bench press body builder with twig arms!

Maybe the other sizes fit better, but I probably wont order from them again. Its a shame because they are CHEAP and the jerseys are good.

CAAK

Cheap Jerseys

Postby CAAK » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Try the Endura Humvee jersey. Reasonable price from UK. c r c or PBK. Awesome quality.
Made for normal body shapes.

CAAK..

coffeeandwine

Postby coffeeandwine » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 am

Subject: Cheap Jerseys
Crowella wrote:As an update, used the kit for two days now on about 70km of riding in warm weather. It gets the nod of approval :) I felt comfortable in the kit. There are some things that could be better but overall did the job well and I'll mention a bit more soon.
Fresh wrote:I got my Mupi order last week. The quality of the jerseys is good, but the sizing is just off. I fit into and ordered the XL, so I ordered the right size, but it is how they design the sizes...

The arm width of the XL is far too narrow, who has Ethiopian arms in an XL? And the chest is FAR too large. Its as if they fitted the jersey to a champion bench press body builder with twig arms!

Maybe the other sizes fit better, but I probably wont order from them again. Its a shame because they are CHEAP and the jerseys are good.
Hi Crowella,
a recent post from Fresh mentioned big problems with sizing (particularly XL size). Just wondering if you had the same experience? Looking to get my custom jerseys under way soon but want to make sure sizing is okay. I have ordered some "team kit" from China before so understand sizing is different (found what they quoted on sizing chart was accurate but leg band was a little tight).

thanks and cheers.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 am

coffeeandwine wrote:found what they quoted on sizing chart was accurate but leg band was a little tight
my experience as well from Mupi, my XL fit as per their sizing chart, but around my thighs it was a tad snug, but nothing too serious. It was simply noticeble, but after a while i didnt notice

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed May 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Fresh wrote:I got my Mupi order last week. The quality of the jerseys is good, but the sizing is just off. I fit into and ordered the XL, so I ordered the right size, but it is how they design the sizes...

Same experience here. The jerseys seem well made, but they don't really fit properly. Chest too large, and the arms too tight. And on the shorts / bib longs I found the fit of the legs is okay - and the straps fit alright, but the front is too wide/loose so the chamois doesn't stay in place. Now I'm a small size - and order that. The size would be about right, if the design of the size was righ, as Fresh mentioned. They look great - but don't fit properly.

The gloves are fine though. :)

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 pm

gloves? Didn't know they made them

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu May 03, 2012 8:31 am

Yeah, they do - and they seem quite alright - but there is no handy pull loops to help you get them off quickly.

As for the jerseys and pants, I won't buy those again - they just don't fit me properly. Ah well, they were cheap, so no great loss.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu May 03, 2012 10:25 am

i know it's a crosspost but torpedo7 have their long sleeve jersey for $19.99

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/T7JELN1TJ

Parrott

Postby Parrott » Tue May 08, 2012 12:58 pm

Parrott wrote:just orderred some of these and these. I'll post how they go and how long they take to get here. Hope its not too long, I am freezing already, winter has started here early.
Got them yesterday,took 11 days. I used the more expensive postage option, about $12- I think.

I'm 184 cm and 83 kg. Ordered a large top and xl longs and the sizing is right for me apart from the butt and thighs being tighter than normal, nothing to worry about though. The fleece lined longs are a bit tighter in those areas than the thinner normal lycra ones due to the extra thickness I guess.

Very happy with the quality, even more so considering the price :)
jaseyjase wrote:
coffeeandwine wrote:found what they quoted on sizing chart was accurate but leg band was a little tight
my experience as well from Mupi, my XL fit as per their sizing chart, but around my thighs it was a tad snug, but nothing too serious. It was simply noticeble, but after a while i didnt notice
My experience too.

coffeeandwine

Postby coffeeandwine » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:42 am

Finally got my act together and sorted the design (at least in draft form) for our team kit for ATB. I had been planning to go through MUPI as a few previous post(er)s had successfully dealt with them and the pricing was pretty good. Contacted one of their previous customers based in Melbourne who was very happy with the product and was planning to use them again.

Fired off an email to commence discussions only to receive a reply that they no longer do custom jerseys :( - so Parrott was pretty lucky getting in when they did (April).

I now need to find a not too expensive supplier for a small run of custom jerseys and knicks.

So far, I have come across the following, has anyone dealt with any of them?

Eclipse Cycling no minimums, similar templates to MUPI, approx $30 each for SS jerseys and bib knicks

Escape Cycling through Niche Distrutions in Ocean Grove, so have more confidence dealing with them. Italian quality lycra and chamois, bib knicks $68+GST when also order jerseys; jerseys $54 when ordering 15 yet website suggests $36+GST and no minimiums. Obviously need to clarify some of the detail - will keep you posted.

Samewood little detail on website, so I contacted them. Email forwarded to another address; so far my emails to this second address all bounce so have to keep including the first address (???? not sure) No prices as yet.

Cycling Jersey Online no minimums. $30 SS jerseys; $28 bib knicks

Do you have any suggestions? Any thoughts welcome.

cheers.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 am

Samewood, Mupi, and about two or three other clothing companies on line are all one in the same.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

ThunderGod

Postby ThunderGod » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:38 am

I had to join this forum to post my story.

I was looking for cheap pro team jerseys for a Tour de France party my wife and I were invited to. (and to ride in later) I did a lot of research and this thread led me to decide to order from MUPI.

I placed an order on 6/16. I had not heard anything from them (since they say 2 to 3 days to ship and you will receive a tracking number via email) so I sent an email on 6/20. The response I received said "Because some items in your order are out of stock, so we have not shipped it, could you please wait some days longer?" I responded by asking if the item in stock could be sent immediately and the other item sent when it gets in stock. The response I received said "Very sorry, all the items in your order are out of stock." I responded saying I was disappointed the website did not say the items were out of stock and that I feel they should do something for me to make up for this. (I work in sales and if I did not tell a client an item was not in stock, I would do something to make up for it, an incentive to keep that person as a customer.) The response I received said: "Very sorry, as all the online site in China who are selling cycling jerseys, not all the items we listed are in stock, some of them will be made to order." After I complained some more about the fact that I had read about the great customer service they have and said that I was disappointed that there customer service consisted of saying tough luck and you can cancel your order.

I am honestly going back and forth about whether I should cancel or not. I am really just posting here because I think people should know how Mupi can treat their customers when it suits them.

ThunderGod

Postby ThunderGod » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 pm

A follow up after contacting "Dart" the owner of Mupi:

I sent him an email describing what has been happening, including quoting the emails from his company. His response was to simply brush off my complaints (completely ignoring how I was lied to and simply focusing on the delay) he then said he would ship my jerseys in 24 hours, followed by saying that since I posted a negative rating on resellerratings he was going to hold my order. I made it clear that I would change my report if he took care of me, a customer who was lied to. What response did I get? He canceled my order while making excuses including a comment that makes it sound like claims of delays caused by items being "out of stock" are very common.

After the research I did that led me to this forum I am very disappointed that I had such a bad experience and that Mupi only care about money and not about satisfied customers.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 am

I understand your frustration ThunderGod but you should of if time was an issue you should of checked with the supplier to see if the products were in stock before placing the order.