Cheap Jerseys

BigVin

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby BigVin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Not in my opinion - they look good enough to me, tho in saying that, I don't have the 'original' one to compare too
Forza Basso - Vincere per noi!

J-C90

Postby J-C90 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:11 pm

dobby wrote:Is there anything that "gives away" the jerseys as knockoffs? Ie misspelt words on the jerseys themselves or similar?

What I am getting at is are they noticeable as knockoffs?
I recently bought some gear from Mupi, Cervello jersey + bib shorts and a pair of bib pants. To me cosmetically I cant fault them.

Being critical and comparing them to the other, more expensive kit I have(Nalini jersey, DHB bib shorts), the cut/fit is not quite as good but still acceptable. The chamois in the nicks is good but not the quality of the Route7 and DHB nicks I have, the foam does not seam as dense and the shape of the chamois at the front(ie. were your 'package' sits) is a bit different. Unfortunately they are going under the Xmas tree so although I have tried them on to make sure they fit I haven't yet had a chance to ride in them :(

Shipping was quick, took about a week. More than happy for the price paid, couldn't expect much more!

The best value jersey's I have purchased have been the Torpedo 7 jersey when on special:
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/T7J ... jersey--09

I have 2 of these and wear them all the time, they fit well, don't stink up too quickly and look pretty good too. Still going strong after a year or two.

I also have a pair of the Route 7 bib shorts, same as these but bib version:
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/R7S ... ike-shorts

Grabbed them when they were on special and they have also been very good, good chamois and fit.
2010 TCR Advanced 2

snark

Postby snark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:16 pm

J-C90 wrote:I also have a pair of the Route 7 bib shorts, same as these but bib version:
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/R7S ... ike-shorts

Grabbed them when they were on special and they have also been very good, good chamois and fit.
I've had a couple of pairs of these (the shorts versions) for about two years now. I agree with your summary above, but do have one niggle - even after a couple of years the color runs when I wash them. I hand wash with a little liquid washing detergent, and the water comes out dark grey all the time. Do you see that with the bib version?

The only other black shorts I have are a cheapy from Anaconda (I think they're Fluid brand?) that I use every now and then, and these don't run at all.

Cheers,
Simon.
(Who has never publically talked about his laundry habits before ever, but if J-C90 can talk about his package then anything is fair game I 'spose).
Phil Liggett, TdF 2011, Alpe-d'Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow."

J-C90

Postby J-C90 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:39 pm

snark wrote: I've had a couple of pairs of these (the shorts versions) for about two years now. I agree with your summary above, but do have one niggle - even after a couple of years the color runs when I wash them. I hand wash with a little liquid washing detergent, and the water comes out dark grey all the time. Do you see that with the bib version?
I cant say I have noticed the color running on mine? I generally just throw them in the washing machine on a cold wash cycle with my other dark colors and haven't had any issues? I will be cautious from now on to make I sure I don't wash them with any light colors though to be safe!
2010 TCR Advanced 2

hitch

Postby hitch » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:32 pm

I also wash in the macine on cold, with a bit of wool mix, and noticed no colouration of the water.

I have to say that the Pearl Izumi knicks I got seem to be a little thin compared to others (i.e. my sugoi, which are worth $150), and someone I rode with the other day commented that they don't leave much to the imagination (i.e. are a bit see through), however the material is a slight grey in that section, so may be worse than full black. I also noticed a bit of rubbing on the material in the inner thigh region - not too sure how many rides I'll get out of those knicks. The PI Jersey is good though. Haven't ridden with the other knicks yet, which are all black (Sky) ones, so may be better.

Fletcher

Postby Fletcher » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:27 am

Bought a couple of Uno jerseys at the Canberra's bike clothing shop, and they're great. I was surprised at the features and quality for such cheap stuff. They're definitely superior to the major bike shop brands like Netti & Bellweather. I can't rate them against the expensive Euro stuff, don't own any. It's decent quality, I like the shop and I'm happy to spend dosh there. The business is worth supporting.

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 am

has anyone ever used the cell jersey and bib??

Was wanting a cheap jersey and short/bib to just get me started. I was thinking either getting from Cell or Mupi. (but was leaning towards cell for the faster time getting here and maybe cheaper)

How do each go with regards to sizing and quality? thanks guys!

htleung88

Postby htleung88 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:05 am

LoveB wrote:has anyone ever used the cell jersey and bib??
+1, was interested in buying a couple now that they're so dirt cheap, as long as they're not ridiculously bad (non-breathable etc.)

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Anyone? :D

Sydguy

Postby Sydguy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:02 am

Test rode Cell jersey today, 30kms and not going hard and it was great. This is the first time to wear a cycling jersey, but at $17.95, it is fantastic. Felt decent air coming through the material and for those chest proud folk you can unzip it about 1/3 of the way down the front.
Best of all it did not ride up on me, the rubber strip at the bottom did its job well, I kept the pockets empty so can't speak on them.

No washing instructions but given the Chinese build might want to hand wash in cold water to maximise life span.

I am 183cm and average build, and the XL is nice for me, not skin tight but not baggy. The delivery was super fast but then it was from Stanmore to City.

Don't place a massive order based on this review as I a a complete newbie and this is the first jersey worn and first time to use it.

Cheers.

Releng

Postby Releng » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 am

I have a set of the cell bibs and find them good, although I have limited experience with other bibs to compare them to. I do have pair of Mupi bibs that are a little tight on the legs compared to the cell bibs even though both pairs are the same size (Large).
For summer the cell bibs are my favourite wear. The chamois pad is comfortable and the shoulder straps are nice, soft wide material so do not dig in. They are lasting pretty well, although the cheap reflective cell logo on the leg has peeled off.
Excellent value at the moment for $30 plus potage:
http://www.this link is broken/Cycling-Bib ... ike-Riders

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks guys! :D

gazman

Postby gazman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Anaconda have Fluid jerseys in black or grey (full length zip) at $20 down from $85. Except for the colour they seem ok !

reloadcn

Free Summer Cycling Kits

Postby reloadcn » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Did you remember me ? Yes , I'm the owner of MUPi Cycling and Cheap-Cycling Store.

Thank you guys for purchase in our web site!!! We decide to give some free summer cycling kits to ACF members again.

If you like the "spider man" cycling kits and you want to get it for free , please send the "free kits request" email (include the shipping address) to seo@mupicycling.com

However , we only provide 5 free kits!

Thank you guys

Dart (MUPi Cycling/Cheap-Cycling Store)

thomashouseman

Re: Free Summer Cycling Kits

Postby thomashouseman » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:24 pm

reloadcn wrote:Did you remember me ? Yes , I'm the owner of MUPi Cycling and Cheap-Cycling Store.

Thank you guys for purchase in our web site!!! We decide to give some free summer cycling kits to ACF members again.

If you like the "spider man" cycling kits and you want to get it for free , please send the "free kits request" email (include the shipping address) to seo@mupicycling.com

Thank you guys

Wow, very generous of you!
Email sent.

Cheers!

T.

three214

Postby three214 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:36 pm

reloadcn wrote:Did you remember me ? Yes , I'm the owner of MUPi Cycling and Cheap-Cycling Store.

Thank you guys

Now thats a generous offer, I've dropped an email to trial a kit...

reloadcn

Postby reloadcn » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Thank you guys

There are five lucky man get the free kits ,
They are :

Th**** *******man (This guy get the free kits again)
M*** ******way (This guy get the free kits again)
M*** *****ini
Jo** *****ett
Gr***** & Ro****** ***k

I'm very sorry that we just provide only 5 free kits , as you see, there are two guys are very luck , they get the free kits second time , IMO , I want more other peoples can get it , however the rule is rule.
Advertising time : www.mupicycling.com / www.cheap-cycling.com/store

toppity

Postby toppity » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:15 am

Just got back from LeKnicks, Melbourne.

They have heaps of nalini team gear (tops and bibs) and Vermarc plain gear for $50. They also had a bargin bin. I got a plain Nalini top, made in Italy, for $25.

Very happy with that.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.

grt046

Postby grt046 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:36 pm

reloadcn wrote: Image

There are five lucky man get the free kits ,
They are :

Th**** *******man (This guy get the free kits again)
M*** ******way (This guy get the free kits again)
M*** *****ini
Jo** *****ett
Gr***** & Ro****** ***k

I'm very sorry that we just provide only 5 free kits , as you see, there are two guys are very luck , they get the free kits second time , IMO , I want more other peoples can get it , however the rule is rule.
Advertising time : http://www.mupicycling.com / http://www.cheap-cycling.com/store
Lucky No 5 for me .... thanks Dart
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:15 am

These guys have been taking marketing lessons from drug dealers. It's working on me. I want a spidy fix.

David

EektheCat

Postby EektheCat » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Cell Bikes are doing a special on their s/s jerseys. $19.95.

Mostly large sizes though.

Eek

three214

Postby three214 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Thank you guys

Kit arrived today, quality seems good. I was concerned around sizing going by the site guide, so went for a L top & XL shorts based on their chest & waist measurements. I am 177cm and 88kg, and the size seems about right. The sleeves feel a bit short, but no complaints otherwise. I also like the fact it is a full length zip on the jersey.
Color and print quality are good, probably not the design I would purchase, but it doesn't look too bad on.

I won't get a chance to ride until either this weekend or next, so won't be able to comment on ride quality until then.

So my current review is all good for delivery time, print quality and fit, ...although some of the figures on the size chart can be misleading as it has XL shorts for weight range 65-70kg...?? Going through the site, I wouldn't have any complaints had I paid $50 for the kit as this seems the average price for their sale kits... definitely worth having a look at what they have to offer.

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:11 pm

I bought a couple of jersey's, a set of arm warmers and a pair of knicks on a recent trip to HK/China and have been commuting in them for a couple of months now and don't have any complaints with size, fit, quality, or spelling.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:20 pm

three214 wrote:

Kit arrived today,
Boo, nothing in the letterbox today :(

grt046

Postby grt046 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:08 pm

thomashouseman wrote:
three214 wrote:

Kit arrived today,
Boo, nothing in the letterbox today :(
Mine arrived Monday, six days from shipping dispatch advice, and I took it for a 70k test ride today

General comments:
Bright
Sizing is a little weird but sizing guide is accurate. I am 170 tall and 65kg and took a M in jersey and L in bibs
Jersey is very good quality and excellent value
Bibs are let down by seams in the groin area (2 piece chamois) otherwise very good. I would not buy or recommend the bibs for this reason

I have prevoiusly bought a Jersey from Mupi and will do so again
Last edited by grt046 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)