Cheap Jerseys

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby NhiTrac » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:17 pm

As promised, reviews up viewtopic.php?f=44&t=34718 .

Reloadcn, have also added a shorter version on http://bikeshops.mtbr.com .

Thank you again for giving me this opportunity!

Cheers
Steven
FOCUS Cayo Expert
NhiTrac
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm

by BNA » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:50 am

BNA
 

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby hitch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:50 am

How have you guys found sizing with the mupi/samewood stuff? I'm 183cm/83kgs, and normal build. Surprisingly in the past I've got an XL Pearl Izumi jersey, and XL Sugoi bibs and they've fit well (would normally expect to be L). What sizes would you recommend I get for bibs and jersey?
hitch
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby wheels46 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:58 am

hitch wrote:How have you guys found sizing with the mupi/samewood stuff? I'm 183cm/83kgs, and normal build. Surprisingly in the past I've got an XL Pearl Izumi jersey, and XL Sugoi bibs and they've fit well (would normally expect to be L). What sizes would you recommend I get for bibs and jersey?


Hitch I'd say you'd be an XL... They have fairly comprehensive sizing charts on their website though.

I'm 177cm and around 75kg and went for the large with the long-legged bib pants and they fit very well indeed. As is the oddity with all things cycling gear one size up always seems to be the best solution. :lol:
User avatar
wheels46
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:30 am

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby hitch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:38 am

wheels46 wrote:As is the oddity with all things cycling gear one size up always seems to be the best solution. :lol:


That's what I was thinking - I think the samewood site even says that on the page... Well, no big loss if it's the wrong size, given the good price. I guess there's nothing for it but to bite the bullet...
hitch
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby NhiTrac » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 am

Get an XL Hitch. I weigh the same as you but 5cm shorter and the large fitted me snug.
FOCUS Cayo Expert
NhiTrac
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby BigVin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 am

I got the XL bib knicks from Samewood, to be safe, and they're alteast a size too big. I think it depends on the items to be honest.
The Rock Racing top I got from Mupi I got XXL, and it's a lil big, but not to worry at all.

Does anyone know if you wash lycra in warm water, or tumble dry it, will it shrink it?

If it fails miserably, it's only a $30 loss, but they do look good!
Forza Basso - Vincere per noi!
User avatar
BigVin
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby hitch » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:00 pm

How have people found response time/delivery time with MUPI? I put in an order on the 23rd, and it still says "Processing" - haven't received anything to indicate that it's been dispatched etc... just wondering.
hitch
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby liamb » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:04 pm

I ordered mine (3 full kits) on the 16th and have seen nothing yet. I cant really find out how to track my order as when I put the tracking number from my order confirmation email in the tracking field I get an error!!!!!!.
I was not expecting super fast delivery but I feel a bit concerned that I cant track my order. I will give it 14 days and then start asking questions

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!
User avatar
liamb
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Modbury SA

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby reloadcn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:12 pm

hitch wrote:How have people found response time/delivery time with MUPI? I put in an order on the 23rd, and it still says "Processing" - haven't received anything to indicate that it's been dispatched etc... just wondering.


Hey , I'm the mupicycling owner.

We usually process the order in next day after you placed the order , so your order was processing at Nov 24.
No worries , we will give you the tracking number in 2-3 days.

However , if you have any questions , please feel free to contact us
reloadcn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby hitch » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:15 pm

reloadcn wrote:Hey , I'm the mupicycling owner.


Thanks for the quick response - I'll keep an eye on things over the next couple of days and get back to you if I see no movement.

If my order was submitted on the 16th I'd be a little worried though...
hitch
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby reloadcn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:17 pm

liamb wrote:I ordered mine (3 full kits) on the 16th and have seen nothing yet. I cant really find out how to track my order as when I put the tracking number from my order confirmation email in the tracking field I get an error!!!!!!.
I was not expecting super fast delivery but I feel a bit concerned that I cant track my order. I will give it 14 days and then start asking questions

Bill


Please tell me your order number , I can help you to check what's wrong with your order. Maybe you choose the China airmail shipping method , it's slowly.
reloadcn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby reloadcn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:20 pm

hitch wrote:
reloadcn wrote:Hey , I'm the mupicycling owner.


Thanks for the quick response - I'll keep an eye on things over the next couple of days and get back to you if I see no movement.

If my order was submitted on the 16th I'd be a little worried though...


The Christmas day is coming , we need to process many orders , sometimes the order handling time will be a little long , Thank you for your patience and understanding!
reloadcn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby TimW » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:53 pm

I ordered 2 items on the 22nd,I sent an email on the 24th requesting a tracking number, and was informed my order had gone to the supplier and it would be emailed to me soon, still waiting
order number
# 100000848
I understand with christmas comming orders may be a bit slower, however communications/updates solve most problems with the customer in my experience.
Tim
Image
User avatar
TimW
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 pm
Location: Near the M7C

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby BigVin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Really wierd .. I've had nothing but excellent speed and customer service from Dart / Mupi and Samewood.
Forza Basso - Vincere per noi!
User avatar
BigVin
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Rusho » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:29 pm

I purchased a BMC kit from samewood on the 20th, am really looking forward to getting it. From what people have said about samewood it should be pretty good. Obviously I don't have the kit yet :cry: Hopefully next week
Rusho
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:29 pm
Location: North Lakes, QLD

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby reloadcn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:57 pm

TimW wrote:I ordered 2 items on the 22nd,I sent an email on the 24th requesting a tracking number, and was informed my order had gone to the supplier and it would be emailed to me soon, still waiting
order number
# 100000848
I understand with christmas comming orders may be a bit slower, however communications/updates solve most problems with the customer in my experience.
Tim


Hey,
You puchased the trek shorts and RR 28 jersey , right?
The trek shorts was out of stock in our main supplier's wearhouse , so I asked another supplier sent it to us.
However , we need to merge all items in one package for shipping , so It takes few days to waiting for the trek shorts. Anyway , we will give you the tracking number soon.
reloadcn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby TimW » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:36 pm

reloadcn wrote:
TimW wrote:I ordered 2 items on the 22nd,I sent an email on the 24th requesting a tracking number, and was informed my order had gone to the supplier and it would be emailed to me soon, still waiting
order number
# 100000848
I understand with christmas comming orders may be a bit slower, however communications/updates solve most problems with the customer in my experience.
Tim


Hey,
You puchased the trek shorts and RR 28 jersey , right?
The trek shorts was out of stock in our main supplier's wearhouse , so I asked another supplier sent it to us.
However , we need to merge all items in one package for shipping , so It takes few days to waiting for the trek shorts. Anyway , we will give you the tracking number soon.

I did not order trek shorts
i ordered a Trek Jersey and the Number 28 jersey
as it states on the order
2010 Team Trek Cycling Jersey Red/Black
Jersey Size
XL
2010 team RadioShack Last 28 days Sleeveless Vest Jersey
Jersey Size
XL


Now i am starting to worry.Tim


full order
Item Sku Qty Subtotal
2010 Team Trek Cycling Jersey Red/Black
Jersey Size
XL #2010MUPI1056 1 $27.99
2010 team RadioShack Last 28 days Sleeveless Vest Jersey
Jersey Size
XL #2010MUPI916 1 $24.99
Image
User avatar
TimW
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 pm
Location: Near the M7C

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby number21 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:38 am

Hey all, just stumbled across these kits. The price site and reviews have got me excited! One question, what can I expect from the chamois? Would these have a similar one to the cell shorts?( http://www.cellbikes.com.au/CELL-Cyclin ... ing-Shorts ) Are they all the same regardless of design?

I'm about 175cm 64kgs and thinking of going with a small jersey and medium bibs, does that sound about right?

I'm not usually one for the ultra loud team kits usually so I'll start mildly and go for the black and white BMC. Although hold a soft spot for Euskaltel Euskadi ...
User avatar
number21
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Rusho » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:06 am

Most of the sites have a measuring chart to get you sizing correct :wink:
Rusho
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:29 pm
Location: North Lakes, QLD

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby grt046 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:18 pm

I took the punt today and ordered a Jersey from MUPI. I would have preferred to use Samewood but they didnt list the Jersey as an individual item.

It wasn't until after processing that I became aware that the prices quoted on the web site are in $US. Not a big difference at the moment but that may change in the future.

Hope Christmas doesn't slow things down too much :roll:
Image
User avatar
grt046
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Brisbane Northside

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby ironhanglider » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:10 pm

grt046 wrote:I took the punt today and ordered a Jersey from MUPI.


I'm waiting to hear reports from TimW, liamb and hitch before I do...

Hoping for the best though. Still trying to decide whether to get an ironic polka dot (in XXL) or the Magnus Maximus.

Cameron
ironhanglider
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Bruce, ACT

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Dr_Mutley » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 pm

hitch wrote:How have you guys found sizing with the mupi/samewood stuff? I'm 183cm/83kgs, and normal build. Surprisingly in the past I've got an XL Pearl Izumi jersey, and XL Sugoi bibs and they've fit well (would normally expect to be L). What sizes would you recommend I get for bibs and jersey?


too late probably, but i think u will find u will be an XL or XXL jersey (the jerseys are small for their sizing, as stated on site)
as for the bibs, they are the opposite and are much bigger than usual sizing.... i would order nothign bigger than a Large bibshort....
so probably best to go for XXL jersey and L bibs, or if your chest is lean, XL jersey.

I am 88kgs, 186cm, 32 to 33" waist, and broad chested, so i usually order a 2XL jersey and L bibs and they fit perfectly...
Image
Dr_Mutley
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:28 pm
Location: Flagstaff Hill, Adelaide SA 5159

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby The Womble » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:29 pm

I intend to go through Hot designs for the safecyclingaustralia jersies. Prices from $65 depending on quantities ordered. Very helpful too.
http://www.hotdesigns.com.au/customCycle.htm
User avatar
The Womble
 
Posts: 3395
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Brisbane QLD

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby hitch » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:35 am

Dr_Mutley wrote: i would order nothign bigger than a Large bibshort....
so probably best to go for XXL jersey and L bibs, or if your chest is lean, XL jersey.


Hmmm... interesting - thanks for this. Will have to see how I go. Haven't received the items yet - received a tracking number a few days ago, but the tracking section of the MUPI site is showing no updates...
Last edited by hitch on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitch
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby TimW » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:26 am

ironhanglider wrote:
grt046 wrote:I took the punt today and ordered a Jersey from MUPI.


I'm waiting to hear reports from TimW, liamb and hitch before I do...

Hoping for the best though. Still trying to decide whether to get an ironic polka dot (in XXL) or the Magnus Maximus.

Cameron



Still waiting, received a tracking number but when i went to track the number it did not work, will certainly post a review once received.Tim
Image
User avatar
TimW
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 pm
Location: Near the M7C

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lobstermash, Phil4286, slian, tomee



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers