Mirror for Flat bar Roadie.

martinjs

Mirror for Flat bar Roadie.

Postby martinjs » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Whats the best option for a mirror on a flat bar roadie? Not bar ends as I already have a good set and don't want to replace them.

Thanks
Martin

Caelum

Postby Caelum » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:24 pm

mikeg

Postby mikeg » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:43 pm

The Zefal Dooback Mirror is a good one for flat handlebars. Mounts inside end of bar. Compatible with most bar ends.

The right hand models generally sold here.
Mike G.

CAMWEST member

Aushiker

Re: Mirror for Flat bar Roadie.

Postby Aushiker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:42 am

martinjs wrote:Whats the best option for a mirror on a flat bar roadie? Not bar ends as I already have a good set and don't want to replace them.

Thanks
Martin
Dear Martin

I am very very happy with my Zefal Spy Mirror. It is nice and small, yet very effective, and it does not stand out making me or the bike look so ah ehhh dorky :oops: . I would think it would mount on the bar end okay if you can afford to loose a little real estate. If not, then I doubt it would be any good for you.

Andrew

martinjs

Postby martinjs » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:40 am

Trouble is I have a set of Cane Creek Ergo Control II Bar ends and they fit on the very end, very comfy and give great control.

http://www.canecreek.com/images/stories ... rgo_ii.png

peter

Postby peter » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:19 am

I've been thinking about the Zefal Spy Mirror and where to mount it, perhaps the fork is a good location, the only concern is looking down to view the mirror.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:34 am

peter wrote:I've been thinking about the Zefal Spy Mirror and where to mount it, perhaps the fork is a good location, the only concern is looking down to view the mirror.
Mmm, well I ride a roadie with the spy mirror on it. Natural riding position is well inclined towards the ground, me finds. So looking down is no different to looking sideways (flatbar), or up (car) in my view.

Not sure how it would go on the forks. I suspect you leg will get in the way.

Andrew