New paint protection?

piledhigher

Re: New paint protection?

Postby piledhigher » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Get a rock, smash it against the fresh paint and get the grief of the first chip in the paint out of the way.

Then ride the hell out of it with no cares,

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue May 01, 2018 9:08 am

piledhigher wrote:Get a rock, smash it against the fresh paint and get the grief of the first chip in the paint out of the way.

Then ride the hell out of it with no cares,
Can I smash a rock against your bike, just for good measure?

davehirst

Postby davehirst » Tue May 01, 2018 9:10 am

I wonder how that new peel off clear spray paint would work, you would get a nice finish at least. Anyone tried it on anything ?

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Wed May 02, 2018 11:58 pm

Brownturk wrote:
DaveQB wrote:This is what I am using:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bear-48mm-x ... e_p1661582

It's a thickish, clear tape that you can cut to whatever size you want. Doesn't peel off easily and seems to add decent protection. Can add layers for a thicker cover.
Hey Dave, just wondering how the Bear tape held up? Did it yellow, go hard or crack? How well has it protected your bike? Really keen to know. Thanks in advance. TB
I've been using it for a few years now. It sticks really well and doesn't have any of those problems. The only time I need to replace it is if it starts to peel off due to road debris (I have some of it on the back of my seat tube where the tyre has a tight clearance and under my bottom bracket).
There might be other tape that is more protective (or not) but this stuff doesn't fall apart and feels thick enough to me.
Ht: 182cm | Wt: 84kg | Bikes: Felt AR1 2016, Felt B2 2013
Sucessful Trades --> files.dward.us/Cycling/BNA-Trades.txt