Mandatory Warranty Service Schedule for new bikes?

enduro2

Mandatory Warranty Service Schedule for new bikes?

Postby enduro2 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:06 pm

I picked up a brand new Merida 7000-E bike the other day from a not so local (quite a bit of a drive) LBS. Happy with the deal, nice price and happy to have it even though it took ~5 weeks to come in.

So last night I happen to be reading through the manual and noted that there are mandatory inspection and service intervals (much like new a car) that need to be adhered to so warranty is not voided. The first service/inspection is within 100-300km or 3mo of use.

I also noted that at the back of the book the dealer/LBS is supposed to check off, sign and stamp specific check lists, date of purchase etc. This was not done. How do I know the spokes have been checked for tension etc?

Do you peeps do the early or all scheduled services?

Duck!
Expert

Re: Mandatory Warranty Service Schedule for new bikes?

Postby Duck! » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 pm

Not sure if being an e-bike makes any difference, but I've never heard of mandatory service intervals or their potantial to void warranty. It's generally recommended to have the bike checked over 4-6 weeks after purchase, because things do settle in, but that's not a warranty requirement, rather a courtesy from the shop.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.