XL Helmet Recommandation

peter

XL Helmet Recommandation

Postby peter » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:29 am

I'm having a hard time in finding a helmet that fits properly. Currently have a Met Testagrossa XL (61-64cm), but it's coming to 10 years old and I think the styrofoam (fancy name EPS) needs replacing. But I have yet to find anything suitable.

Would like to get some new gears for training leading up to the Gong Ride in November.

Trevtassie

Re: XL Helmet Recommandation

Postby Trevtassie » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:29 am

I got a Bell that fits well and I have a huge head, but I don't know the model (I was naughty and bought it in Japan because it fitted). But it was some kind of Cross Country MTB helmet.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:10 am

I've got a head like a XXXX carton, and I wear a Giro Foray. It's plenty big enough. I tried on a couple of others when I bought it, and it sat better on my head, so different styles will suit different people.

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:42 am

Try the size L Lazer Z1. I have a large head and I found it sizes bigger than the siize L Lazer Genesis I have previously used.
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Check out Kabuto, they are enormous!
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

peter

Postby peter » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:18 pm

Just a bit of an update. I found that some large size helmets with MIPS fit me well, I guess they are slightly larger than large in order to accommodate MIPS. In my case I got the Bell Stratus.

So if you are on the smaller side of XL, try some MIPS helmets in large, they might fit well.

Also, POC Octal is very nice for rounder profiles, but not so nice on the wallet. :lol: