cateye CC-MC100W linked to garmin speed and cadence sensor

bucko8

cateye CC-MC100W linked to garmin speed and cadence sensor

Postby bucko8 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Hello,

I have a wireless old cateye CC-MC100W magnetic speed sensor. Is it possible to link this to the new garmin speed and cadence sensor which has a 3m range.

Id prefer to use the garmin as it will attached to rear hub as opposed to outter front fork. I also just got a garmin watch so makes sense to get the garmin sensor.

Any help appreciated

Thanks,
Charles

eeksll

Re: cateye CC-MC100W linked to garmin speed and cadence sensor

Postby eeksll » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:55 pm

A bit confused with what your asking. Are you wanting to connect the Garmin wireless speedsensor with your cateye computer? if so, not that won't work, different wireless protocols.

TBH I doubt even another cateye sensor of the same type will pair with that computer, i think on those cateyes, its locked to the sensor it ships with.

I assume you are not wanting to use your garmin watch because its for running?

mikgit

Re: cateye CC-MC100W linked to garmin speed and cadence sensor

Postby mikgit » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Yeah unless the cateye has ANT+ (which it doesn't) it won't work. Depending on the watch you bought, maybe time to get a handlebar mount and put the garmin on the bike. I'd normally say using a watch on a bike isn't great compared to a gps bike computer but compared to the cateye it'll probably be brilliant.
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex